Quetzal's Projects

quetzal

When I opened the ZT image files (e, n, ne, s, se in each animation folder) with Notepad, I was able to find a link that seemed to indicate the path of the .pal file, and I corrected it.  But when I tried to bring it to APE and check the animation, It crashed and turned off.

Is it inappropriate to perform such a task with Notepad?

pallink1.png

pallink2.png

Cricket

Judging by the information in those files, it looks like you may need to use a hex editor.  I use WinHex when I need to change verbiage for paths and trash cans and several other items that I make.  Might be worth a shot.

17 hours ago, Cricket said:

Judging by the information in those files, it looks like you may need to use a hex editor.  I use WinHex when I need to change verbiage for paths and trash cans and several other items that I make.  Might be worth a shot.

That sounds like a good solution, but I don't know anything about Winhex...
Is this the right way to change the link?

It's highly inappropriate to fix them with Notepad.

In all the other weird characters you see, there are hex values. The path you just corrected, might have a different length; which would already cause issues as one of the preceeding characters tells the game how long the length of the "string" of the location really is.

How about useing zoot to create pal.file and animation? I used zoot to create and edited the paths by tutorial Tek here. It's a little difficult to use Winhex.

You can't open any animation and pic file by Notepad, only the word file, like uca file, you can use notepad to open and edit them.

• 6 months later...

The same sprites of pig I was working on seems to have been almost completed by someone else, so I'm going to put the work on hold.

Instead, I was making North African ostriches for more ostrich subspecies. However, there is a problem that its wings are continuously spread out. Is there a way to solve this?

naostrich.png

• Like 1

Hawkkeye666
4 hours ago, quetzal said:

The same sprites of pig I was working on seems to have been almost completed by someone else, so I'm going to put the work on hold.

Instead, I was making North African ostriches for more ostrich subspecies. However, there is a problem that its wings are continuously spread out. Is there a way to solve this?

naostrich.png

Are they spread out even during animations? When I was making Somali ostrich and other ratites, they had spread wings before loading animations, and after that they looked normal. This happens with a lot of birds.

PS: nice to see you returning to modding!

Yes, as you can see in the pictures below, the wings fix in that state while playing animations. This problem occurs in RR's South African ostrich, other ostrich subspecies using its model, and even in Blue Fang's ostrich.

na1.png

na2.png

Hawkkeye666
17 hours ago, quetzal said:

Yes, as you can see in the pictures below, the wings fix in that state while playing animations. This problem occurs in RR's South African ostrich, other ostrich subspecies using its model, and even in Blue Fang's ostrich.

na1.png

na2.png

That´s weird. I´ve made Somali ostrich and greater rhea, and wings worked more or less properly in both cases.

If I were you, I would just choose some other ostrich model and load texture of ostriches you wanna make around them - these two worked for me, I chose Tamara Henson´s model, because it was thicker and that worked better in ZT1:

https://zt2downloadlibrary.fandom.com/wiki/Somali_Ostrich_(Tamara_Henson)

https://zt2downloadlibrary.fandom.com/wiki/Somali_Ostrich_(Demon_Hunter)

If there would also be a problem with these models, animations sometimes make trouble when you use them for different models consequently. So maybe just trying again in a clean file can help, if you are loading ostriches from save, or using several models in one sitting with the same animations to find out which is the best.