• HeatherL
    • moobiefoot
    • Fern
    • Truly_happy

More of Genki's ZT1 Projects

genkicoll

genkicoll

Kiwi, you never answered this:

The jabiru in the ZTU-Belgium catalog has original graphics. If I make one, it will be based on the flamingo graphics - is that OK?

OK, folks, you get to know some of the projects I'm working on so that you can help decide where they go :tongue:

Since we have a sincere shortage of in-game South American rainforest animals (the anteater is the only one), please tell me which animal (in-game or user-made) you'd like to see with each of these birds:

Cockatoo

Hyacinth Macaw

Blue-headed Parrot

Red-Crowned Parrot

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• genkicoll

• pukkie

• dr rick

• Z.Z.

Top Posters In This Topic

ZooGrammy

I love the choice of birds that you picked Genki but don't know which animal they should go with. Also I would love a Toucan but don't know what part of the world they come from.

genkicoll

This is not a should kind of question, Ziggy. They should, by ZT1 standards, only be compatible with the anteater or Ghirin's paka (which is a large rodent - I've decided not to use it as large birds vs. rodents don't seem to mix :tongue:).

By ZT2 standards, however, as long as the biome matches, it doesn't matter what part of the world the animals are from. Macawas, cockatoos and parrots all come from tropical rainforests, although you can find the parrots wild in certain other parts of the world, too.

So the question I'm asking, what animals would you like to see these birds compatible with?

The sulphur crested cockatoo (your picture) is Australian not South American. The darn things used to wake me at dawn with their screeching when I lived in Central Sydney. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sulphur-crested_Cockatoo Beautiful birds but what a noise they can make.

We could do with an Aussie bird for the game.

According to wikipedia:

The Jabiru (Jabiru mycteria) is a large stork found in the Americas from Mexico to Argentina, except west of the Andes. It is most common in the Pantanal region of Brazil and the Eastern Chaco region of Paraguay. It is the only member of the genus Jabiru. The name comes from the Tupi-Guaraní language and means "swollen neck".

The name Jabiru has also been used for two other birds of a distinct genus: the Asian Black-necked Stork (Ephippiorhynchus asiaticus), commonly called "Jabiru" in Australia; and sometimes also for the Saddle-billed Stork (Ephippiorhynchus senegalensis) of sub-Saharan Africa. In particular, Gardiner's Egyptian hieroglyph G29, believed to depict an E. senegalensis, is sometimes labeled "Jabiru" in hieroglyph lists.

In Portuguese, the bird is called jabiru, jaburu, tuiuiu, tuim-de-papo-vermelho ("red-necked tuim", in Mato Grosso) and cauauá (in the Amazon Basin). The name tuiuiu is also used in southern Brazil for the Wood Stork (Mycteria americana).

Yes, the cockatoos are Australian. They would go nicely with Ghirin's Eclectus since there aren't many Aussie animals that use rainforest terrain. It could also be compatible with your Cassowary.

I believe the Red-crowned Parrot is actually a Red-crowned Amazon and the Blue-headed Parrot is actually a Blue-headed Pionus. I was a little confused by the names you were using...

The Macaw, Amazon, and Pionus should all be compatible with one another. Perhaps they could be made compatible with the in-game jaguar although that is a lot of water...hmmmm....

I believe the Orinoco Crocodile and the Caribbean Flamingo have nice exhibits as well, although again there is a lot of water. Perhaps you will just have to make us some South American animals to go with your birds...lol :tongue:

Kiwi, you never answered this:

OK, folks, you get to know some of the projects I'm working on so that you can help decide where they go :tongue:

Since we have a sincere shortage of in-game South American rainforest animals (the anteater is the only one), please tell me which animal (in-game or user-made) you'd like to see with each of these birds:

Cockatoo

Hyacinth Macaw

Blue-headed Parrot

Red-Crowned Parrot

Cockatoo ......... black panther, Opaki or Bongo

Macaw .............Clouded Leopard or Bongo

blue headed parrot .......... Bengal tigers (orange and white but if only one choice the white) Javan Rhino (if I remember correctly they are from the rain forest)

Red Crowned Parrot ......... any of the monkeys

And of course all liking one another would be cool