Goosifer's [Normal] Projects

Goosifer

I like that stand!

I'll post up some 'concept art' later but I want to go a bit whimsical on mine; I think my awful humor would go well with the game 😂. My stand will have a tiny man strapped with a bunch of balloons around his waist. When a guest makes a transaction and the man's hand extends toward the guest to hand over a balloon, the mass of balloons will pull him upward a little, butt-first.

And okay will-do, thanks Fern!

Edit: with the caveat that I have no idea if I can accomplish this but I'd like to see how far I can take it lol But anyway, that's a project for much later.

• Love 1

The guest part probably not as that would involve a guest hack. If you want to use one of the ingame carts and vendors as a base with re-modelling of parts that is doable and we can probably give you the parts to play around with. I could see the hot dog cart being a good starting point.

• Like 1

By guest part do you mean in reference to the balloon stand? Yeah I shouldn't be too confident about what I'm thinking up until I try it I suppose.

Absolutely, that would be great, thanks. I'll see about texturing the stand over the weekend and then I'll start the thread over at DD. I wouldn't know what to do after I have the sprites ready.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Goosifer said:

When a guest makes a transaction and the man's hand extends toward the guest to hand over a balloon, the mass of balloons will pull him upward a little, butt-first.

The red part is the part not doable. We know how to link to known guest animations but not how to add new guest animations. At least not without problems and needing the guest hack.

Although it could not hurt to have a chat with Jay as to whether there would be an alternative way

The vendor part is doable.

You might want to ask Jay to get the graphics as we can get the file in parts - like the vendor separate.

• Like 1

OH. I see where the confusion lies. The balloons would pull the vendor up. Essentially I would animate the vendor (I'd have to model a new one) and the transaction animation would be what I described above. Here's an incredible drawing to describe what I mean:

mrballoon.webp

• Love 2
  • Haha 2

That is doable. Only other problem is that the balloon would go into the guest inventory and not be seen, like putting something in a pocket. Pity as it would be nice to see guests wandering around with their balloon.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Fern said:

You might want to ask Jay to get the graphics as we can get the file in parts - like the vendor separate.

This would still help for the hotdog stand though. I'll have to make sure I render the window as a green screen so I can chromakey the in-game vendor inside of the stand.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fern said:

That is doable. Only other problem is that the balloon would go into the guest inventory and not be seen, like putting something in a pocket. Pity as it would be nice to see guests wandering around with their balloon.

Yeah that's a bummer. It's better for the environment that they keep it in their pockets anyway xD

• Like 3
  • Haha 2