Goosifer's [Normal] Projects

Goosifer

YoungerPrinceLothric

There were both, but I'd say the best ones are Ghirin's here on ZooTek.

• Like 3

HENDRIX
On 8/1/2023 at 1:47 AM, Goosifer said:

Thanks for the kind words. I got most of the animations figured out, but as you can see, the idle SW view vendor is a bit too...dancy. I might need another day to get it sorted. I can't be having joy in my zoos.

SE: hdogstnd_SE.gif.00f7de51ef3804acf475f78786e71a10.gif SW: hdogstnd_SW.gif.3c39d10c7c46054e8eeefba32c8d4dd0.gif

Edit: I'm going to skip the condiments for now, that way I have time for a few more projects before uni starts again. :P If anyone wants to mess with the stand and make their own versions in the future, I'll release the sprites and assets separately for people to play with if they'd like for their own projects. I'll pick a sensible open source license under creative commons for all of my downloads. :)

No idea how you added the guest anim, but mirrored anims in APE are not correctly 'anchored' per frame, so they wiggle around as the size of each anim frame changes.

• Like 2

Goosifer it must be a dutch thing perhaps but I never did such thing an d never will I found the joy straight in playing it correctly

well it was the first game I ever played on a computer

Before ZooTycoon I only knew how to switch a computer on and off

Mostly off by angrily ripping the cable out of the powersupply so diner would no longer be ignored :rolllaugh:

Hmmm who knows I might try it once if I get myself to sin this way :elkgrin:

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, HENDRIX said:

No idea how you added the guest anim, but mirrored anims in APE are not correctly 'anchored' per frame, so they wiggle around as the size of each anim frame changes.

Thanks for the tip. The animation I’ve adjusted by hand in Photoshop since I needed to process and position every frame for every view to fit the window frame height and width; most vanilla stands are taller and wider. The issue is now fixed thankfully. The problem was the way I imported the frames; some were just a slightly different size so could never align with the other ones.

Come to think of it, it might have been more sensible to flip. :P But I don’t think I would have liked the result. 

I have a research presentation today and tomorrow so I’ll have to finish the last view on Saturday. 

1 hour ago, pukkie said:

Goosifer it must be a dutch thing perhaps but I never did such thing an d never will I found the joy straight in playing it correctly

well it was the first game I ever played on a computer

Before ZooTycoon I only knew how to switch a computer on and off

Mostly off by angrily ripping the cable out of the powersupply so diner would no longer be ignored :rolllaugh:

Hmmm who knows I might try it once if I get myself to sin this way :elkgrin:

My friend @Gymnasiast is also Dutch and I know for a fact he also made a guest death pit so that can’t be it. Well, I don’t know for a fact but I have a feeling. 

You’re so funny Pukkie. I don’t think I’d make one these days, but I sure was a sadistic 13 year old in Zoo Tycoon 2.

HENDRIX
2 minutes ago, Goosifer said:

Thanks for the tip. The animation I’ve adjusted by hand in Photoshop since I needed to process and position every frame for every view to fit the window frame height and width; most vanilla stands are taller and wider. The issue is now fixed thankfully. The problem was the way I imported the frames; some were just a slightly different size so could never align with the other ones.

Come to think of it, it might have been more sensible to flip. :P But I don’t think I would have liked the result. 

I have a research presentation today and tomorrow so I’ll have to finish the last view on Saturday. 

My friend @Gymnasiast is also Dutch and I know for a fact he also made a guest death pit so that can’t be it. Well, I don’t know for a fact but I have a feeling. 

You’re so funny Pukkie. I don’t think I’d make one these days, but I sure was a sadistic 13 year old in Zoo Tycoon 2.

I think ZT Studio might have the ability to export frames on a fixed canvas.

At least I implemented the inverse operation - converting constant canvas size to minimal canvas size per frame for better performance and smaller size.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HENDRIX said:

I think ZT Studio might have the ability to export frames on a fixed canvas.

At least I implemented the inverse operation - converting constant canvas size to minimal canvas size per frame for better performance and smaller size.

That would be a great time saver.  Eyeballing the frame alignments and hoping for the best is a bit tedious.  I did have some trouble getting it to open files but it’s likely my own fault so I’ll have to give it another shot on Saturday.

11 hours ago, Goosifer said:

Anyone who says they haven’t made a guest death pit in either Tycoon game is lying to themselves and we all know it. 

This intrigues me. Tell me more.

• Haha 1

Zarawatto
2 hours ago, HeatherL said:

This intrigues me. Tell me more.

Guest: Angry because I toke him to the nearest bathroom because he needs to use it, but decides to walk away and say he's gonna leave instead

Me: So you've chosen death...

Then picking guest to the sharks tank so he either drowns or gets eaten alive 🦈🦈

• Haha 2

Z.Z.
15 hours ago, Goosifer said:

Anyone who says they haven’t made a guest death pit in either Tycoon game is lying to themselves and we all know it.

Ive never killed my guests in Zoo Tycoon, but one of the very first god games I ever played was Sim Earth, and it drove me nuts to wait until the soil became rich enough for trees, so before putting in any water, I dropped whales on the land over and over again until the soil was ultra rich.

Then I played the original Sims, and I had one house on the block where the Harbingers lived, it looked like the Addams Family house, and there was the neighborhood graveyard in the back where I would trap some sims inside a cubicle and just leave them there until they died and made gravestones.

Because I too am a sick and twisted puppy.

;D

• Haha 4

Z.Z.
47 minutes ago, Zarawatto said:

Me: So you've chosen death...

ROFLMAO!!!!

Oh perfect...

;D

• Haha 3