Goosifer's [Normal] Projects

Goosifer

13 hours ago, YoungerPrinceLothric said:

The Souls franchise has some of the most stunning architecture and environmental design I've ever seen, even in worlds full of tragedy and suffering there is still so much beauty to behold.

I have Elden Ring collecting dust in my Steam library because I gave up after dying too many times to that first camp right outside the intro cave. I'm not very good at souls games. 😔

I didn't get very far on the spire today but I did a bit of a water study from the official game fountains. I was going to go for a toon look but it seems Blue Fang opted for realistic water:

spire_prog2.jpg

I haven't nailed it yet but I'm getting there. You can't tell in the progress shot below because it's only the viewport render but right now I'm struggling with the water being too translucent and not reflective enough. Not entirely sure what I'm doing wrong but I'll figure it out eventually.

spire_prog3.jpg

The lighting is going to be challenging to get right again. Since I have water shaders this time, I can't get away with the Workbench render engine I used for the hotdog stand which made it easy. I'll have to play around with light sources at some point.

Edit: Going to make it atlantean-themed. :D

• Like 3

Rough progress shot of the Atlantean Fountain (not a 'forgotten spire' anymore):

spire_prog5.png

Small improvements on water reflections, color, lighting, textures; none final. Still trying out a few ideas. I'm thinking the walls should have open archways where the water would come out from.

I'm basing the design off of the Atlantean Arch from the game:

atlantean_arch.jpg

I'll be adding the vines and tiny pebbles around the base. Also need to make the base brick a little lighter.

spire_prog5_icon.png

Does the 'spire' look Atlantean-enough in shape? What else would it take to convince you for it fit in with the original items?

• Like 4
  • Love 2

It looks like it might also work with the Atlantia Pack with its

Green-Grey coloring which is my favorite after beach-y themes.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I'm glad you went with the Atlantis theme. I was sad that Blue Fang didn't exactly go wild with the theme and make enough Atlantean items to make a whole zoo with the theme. More items such as this are always welcome, and this does look good. =)

• Like 2

Thanks for the kind comments. I'm glad it seems to be passing the sniff test haha. I want to see if I can give it that sort of 'sheen' texture the arch has on its tiles to get it a little closer.

1 hour ago, Truly_happy said:

I'm glad you went with the Atlantis theme. I was sad that Blue Fang didn't exactly go wild with the theme and make enough Atlantean items to make a whole zoo with the theme. More items such as this are always welcome, and this does look good. =)

I thought the same thing! I was actually surprised there were only like three or four atlantean-themed objects (does that sound right?). I wonder if a lot of it was just cut due to time. Maybe I'll revisit the theme in the future for other things.

• Like 3

YoungerPrinceLothric
22 hours ago, Goosifer said:

I'm not very good at souls games. 😔

Understandable. If you ever want to try again let me know because I have links to some great walkthroughs and youtube accounts that've helped me complete multiple playthroughs. These games also have very active modding communities 😊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YoungerPrinceLothric said:

Understandable. If you ever want to try again let me know because I have links to some great walkthroughs and youtube accounts that've helped me complete multiple playthroughs. These games also have very active modding communities 😊

Sure, I'd love to to have your links! I was meaning to give it another go.

I've published the art assets used to make the hotdog stand. You're welcome to use them in your own projects. I'll do this for all of my mods The bundle includes

- Sprites and frames for all views and animations

- The PSD file used to process the frames. Would make a good base for another stand.

- Hotdog Stand .blend file (3D model)

- Hotdog Stand .obj file (3D model)

Download: https://www.zooberry.org/mods/assets/hotdog-stand/

hotdog-stand1.jpg

hotdog-stand2.jpg

• Like 1