Goosifer's [Normal] Projects

Goosifer

Done with mods for today but here's a progress screenshot of the forgotten spire fountain (for ZT1). I deleted the previous UV mapping as I'll be replacing the textures I made 15 years ago. The black 'textures' will be the animated water. I need to make the rock look a little more natural instead of looking like a golf ball but I'll do that tomorrow.

spire_prog1.jpg

• Like 3

what is exactly a spire ? Where is it used for? Or is it exactly doing what I see A decorative pointy tower?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pukkie said:

what is exactly a spire ? Where is it used for? Or is it exactly doing what I see A decorative pointy tower?

Originally I called it a 'castle' so long ago but you know, I have no idea what it's supposed to be anymore. Looks more like a thick lighthouse doesn't it? The hotdog and the 'spire' were both unfinished projects of mine when I was still designing so they don't totally make sense today as I recycle them for ZT1. 🙃

• Like 1

The hotdog stand is now finished and can be downloaded here at Tek: Hotdog Stand at ZooTek

If you prefer an edge in your games for contests or otherwise: Hotdog Stand by Goosifer (click on the 'Alternative' button for the 'contest' version). I'll try to do this for all of my mods.

Big thanks to Fern and Jay for all of the help and their patience; I had soooo many questions! They effectively did the all of the configuration; I just followed their directions. Feel free to use the sprites for your own projects (more deets in the file). I'll upload other assets later this weekend.

• Love 3

4 hours ago, pukkie said:

I'm sorry pukkie, I didn't answer your question, I totally went on a random tangent :post-8-0-19938100-1501430326: I think a spire is a big pointy building usually a part of a castle or a fort. Kind of like these:

Frostcrag_Spire.png&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=9e3b7652d0184814e46473e992817409269614343b818e605c5729c62ff9fbd5&ipo=images

y3z1sdjq7ms21.jpg?auto=webp%26s=765065706cdbc06a4417e9cec4f556adcf72cdfb&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=f56ee00d112ac4822c5f32896dd77b285c52d6ae9f8132243fbcffef46226560&ipo=images

I don't really know what they're for. I just know that in Disney movies it either means you're an evil villain and that's where you live or you're a cool wizard in Oblivion and I should, uh, 'visit' you for your loot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ah exactly what it does on the tin lol Thank you Goosifer

and I already snatched the stand to my expanding inventory

• Haha 1

YoungerPrinceLothric

Reminds me very much of the city Anor Londo from Dark Souls, which was heavily inspired by the Duomo di Milano from Italy. 

Dark-Souls-Anor-Londo-with-Character.jpg

Milan_Cathedral_from_Piazza_del_Duomo.jpg

• Like 1

YoungerPrinceLothric

The Souls franchise has some of the most stunning architecture and environmental design I've ever seen, even in worlds full of tragedy and suffering there is still so much beauty to behold.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Notre Dame spires made me think those are for catching clouds if some clouds get low enough.

• Like 2