Goosifer's [Normal] Projects

Goosifer

Ah yeah you beat me to it haha. Just made an edit.  Yeah it came out dark, I think I need a few more lamps in there.

I think I improved the lighting, but now there's this uncanny look to that doesn't quite fit in. I can't be sure if I should blame it on the lighting or the colors I chose. I think it's also the lack of detail on the texture.:

hotdog2.jpg

(this isn't actually in-game)

• Like 1

You know with a little tweaking you could give it an Egyptian feel and have it selling Mummy Dogs

• Haha 3

Savannahjan

The coloring to me seems fine.  Maybe a bit of outlining around the different colors, just several shades darker.  It could need a little more shading here and there, as you say, to give texture. 

• Love 1

Z.Z.
7 hours ago, Goosifer said:

(I think it came out a bit dark but I want to see how it looks ingame)

Actually I thought the original one was too light, this one looks spot on, the color of the hot dog is very close, the color of the bun could be a bit more brown I think.

If its the shading youre asking about, it looks good as far as the vertical goes, but ZT has the light source coming from the right no matter which way the map is rotated, so you may want to lighten the right side of all four rotation images a bit.

You were asking if it looked too plain, and it does a little, perhaps add a squiggly line of mustard down the hot dog, maybe a little relish and a couple chunks of diced onion here and there?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Z.Z.

Oh NOW I get to this page... ;D

6 hours ago, Goosifer said:

but now there's this uncanny look to that doesn't quite fit in.

It actually looks quite good. I think it just needs a tad darker color on the bun and some condiments to give it more color and shapes.

Is the dark square under it a part of the building itself?

• Love 1

You said you feel it doesn't fit in and I be honest to say if I would use the ingame stands I will propably take the hotdog stand from the ingame as well, but do take in mind I do not always play with them and there are many user made stands where I would happil;y place this stand next to it

• Love 1

12 hours ago, Fern said:

You know with a little tweaking you could give it an Egyptian feel and have it selling Mummy Dogs

I don't follow. Mummy dogs? 😂 You mean like these? 

ef6f94ef-6344-42f6-a30c-34091eb8659f.jpg

I actually have never heard of one but now I want to eat one lol. I'm sure I've had them in a less-fun shape. Someone on the Zoo Tycoon Discord suggested I make a hotdog entertainer suit for ZT2 😂 (does ZT1 have an entertainer? like a Disney mascot that walks around?)

8 hours ago, Savannahjan said:

The coloring to me seems fine.  Maybe a bit of outlining around the different colors, just several shades darker.  It could need a little more shading here and there, as you say, to give texture. 

Yeah that's a good idea. I think the lack of detail just makes it look like it's floating there. I'll give your tips a shot!

5 hours ago, Z.Z. said:

Actually I thought the original one was too light, this one looks spot on, the color of the hot dog is very close, the color of the bun could be a bit more brown I think.

If its the shading youre asking about, it looks good as far as the vertical goes, but ZT has the light source coming from the right no matter which way the map is rotated, so you may want to lighten the right side of all four rotation images a bit.

You were asking if it looked too plain, and it does a little, perhaps add a squiggly line of mustard down the hot dog, maybe a little relish and a couple chunks of diced onion here and there?

Ah yeah, the one with the blurry green background is the default shading panel in Blender, but the proper renders in this setup uses light sources we set up like in a photo studio. I'm actually using Vondell's setup he was kind enough to share, but I added two light sources that I can't get quite right.

hotdog-in-blender.jpg

Good idea about the bun. I'll give it a shot. Ohhh I love the idea about the toppings. I tried making an animated neon sign that said "Goosifer's Hotdogs" but it didn't turn out quite nice. I think I can use the same technique to make the neon sign noodle letters for the mustard.

3 hours ago, pukkie said:

You said you feel it doesn't fit in and I be honest to say if I would use the ingame stands I will propably take the hotdog stand from the ingame as well, but do take in mind I do not always play with them and there are many user made stands where I would happil;y place this stand next to it

That's nice of you take say pukkie! I plan for all of my downloads to be weird so I hope you'll find something that can fit in with your zoos haha.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Z.Z. said:

Is the dark square under it a part of the building itself?

The dark square was so I could align the stand where I think it will end up on a tile. I'm trying to figure out how to have it fill out the tile without looking like I stretched it. Also because I noticed other buildings had a dirt outline underneath them but it's a bit too noticeable in this case isn't it?

I think I've got it to blend a bit more. I think the new lighting and contrast gave both the bun and hotdog a better shade. Time to do research for school soon so maybe I'll add the condiments tomorrow. Fern and Jay are helping with getting the vendor inside, so I'll be looking into that next.

hotdog3.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1