Goosifer's [Normal] Projects

Goosifer

Z.Z.

Oh the Hot Dog Stand looks cute, and will go with several shaped buildings in the database for ZT1.

And I dont think you need a fresh coat of paint on the Forgotten Spire, its perfect for Halloween zoos, and would be nice if it was neutral so it could go into exhibits as well.

If people want to use it as an actual building they can add the Welcome Mats or Configured Doors.

:D

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, Z.Z. said:

And I dont think you need a fresh coat of paint on the Forgotten Spire, its perfect for Halloween zoos, and would be nice if it was neutral so it could go into exhibits as well.

A Halloween version and a version that matches the in-game rainforest statue would be interesting.

• Like 4

Thanks ZZ; I wasn't sure but I think that's a great idea. I'll see if I can make Heather's version as well.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Texturing done and I added a window frame. I'm trying my best to keep to the general art direction of the game, but not too sure if I nailed it. Is it too plain?

Next I need to figure out how to get the views/game-accurate lighting I need from Blender. I still have notes @Vondell shared with me a few months ago so I'll see what I can figure out :P

Screenshot%202023-07-29%20164533.png

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Fern said:

The red part is the part not doable. We know how to link to known guest animations but not how to add new guest animations. At least not without problems and needing the guest hack.

Although it could not hurt to have a chat with Jay as to whether there would be an alternative way

The vendor part is doable.

You might want to ask Jay to get the graphics as we can get the file in parts - like the vendor separate.

I just had a shower thought. Hypothetically if someone were to 'recreate' all of the guest sprites with a Blender 3D model and replace the ones in the game, could the new animations they make from the 'new sprites' be useful to 'link' new guest interactions? The way I'm reading your post here seems to imply that the lack of new animations is the barrier.  Can't say it would be me doing this but I'm curious.

42 minutes ago, Goosifer said:

I just had a shower thought. Hypothetically if someone were to 'recreate' all of the guest sprites with a Blender 3D model and replace the ones in the game, could the new animations they make from the 'new sprites' be useful to 'link' new guest interactions? The way I'm reading your post here seems to imply that the lack of new animations is the barrier.  Can't say it would be me doing this but I'm curious.

Have you ever looked at the ingame guests using Zoot. It is not that easy. Plus there is the colour clothing problem as well.

A good example is the ingame animations I linked to for this set of statues.

49 minutes ago, Fern said:

Have you ever looked at the ingame guests using Zoot. It is not that easy. Plus there is the colour clothing problem as well.

Can't say I've had the chance to cross it off my bucket list yet but I will this weekend. 😄 I know that they are in different pieces like Legomen but I can't see that alone being a problem if they're rendered with those respective pieces as well. That said I see what you mean--there's more to it than I know.

Maybe some day someone will crack the guest mysteries and they shall be heralded as, well, person who cracked the guest mysteries. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

😂😂😂

hotdog1.pnghotdog2.pnghotdog3.pnghotdog4.png

If anyone ever asks you to sum up the entire history of Zoo Tycoon modding with one mod, I need you to point to this; a pantheon of art in its own right.

(I think it came out a bit dark but I want to see how it looks ingame)

• Like 2

Zarawatto

Such a tasty weiner 🌭🌭

Is it configured to be shadeless? The bottom of the graphics looks pretty dark. Not bad at all, but NE & NW at first glance made me think on a candle instead 🕯🕯

• Haha 1