Lapis' Works

LapisLazuli77

Savannahjan

These all look great; bravo.   And it's wonderful to see the collaboration between animal designers.  :nexthart:

• Like 2

LapisLazuli77

I completely forgot to post this yesterday(thanks sleep deprivation and a midterm exam at 8 AM) but the Dilophosaurus mod is finished and in my signature!

image.png.d961990d52e2a023846e196c7dc5dc0e.png

• Love 3

LapisLazuli77

Next mod: Y'ever wanted to recreate the Cretaceous Cruise from Jurassic World? Well now you can!...kind of.

Introducing Suchomimus. The baby sprites are more deep fried than the stuff they serve at KFC, but I'll probably take a look at it over the weekend.

They don't swim, by the way. Aside from me just not getting the sprites to really work, there's evidence that Suchomimus might not have been an efficient swimmer like its relatives were.

Mod is already in my signature.

image.png.e50aed1e2dc5a7a3ea55f69df272d3b2.png

• Love 2

Zarawatto
1 hour ago, LapisLazuli77 said:

The baby sprites are more deep fried than the stuff they serve at KFC

Welp, y'know... KFC actually DO serve fried dinosaurs... 🍗🍗

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Khaydar
19 hours ago, LapisLazuli77 said:

The baby sprites are more deep fried than the stuff they serve at KFC,

Your sprites could greatly benefit from tweaks in Blender before starting  the sprite rendering;

1.PNG.d50e4b20c6718d58e073c90e0645935b.PNG
Like here, you could remove the glow effect by toggling colour and intensity.

2.PNG.6dc68965c68b20a75705ee6e3f7c4d68.PNG
There's also the texture sharpening, I made a tutorial on how to do it at Tek.

• Like 2

Hawkkeye666

Great animals!

I tried both your dilophosaurus and brachiosaurus and Borsato´s versions, and I think it´s quite hard to choose which one to use.

I was just thinking, maybe you can rename your dilophosaurus to sinosaurus or dracovenator, and/or brachiosaurus to some different brachiosaurid, so it wouldn´t look weird when having them all in the same zoo?

PS: that´s just a suggestion, there´s nothing wrong with having more versions of one animal. I also made my own versions of crowned cranes when I wanted different compatibility for them.

• Like 2

LapisLazuli77

This one took like five whole days because EVERYTHING kept going wrong, first the sprites not exporting properly, then being unable to make the different icons work, THEN my computer deciding to wipe all my progress on the .uca overnight, but at least it's done wheeee

image.png.ffba85e7426d69c44c8d8366c7a1b0a3.png

Presenting the great crested newt! Do tell if something's inevitably broken.

Great Crested Newt.ztd

• Love 4

Zarawatto

We need more amphibians in the game and justice for gravel terrain as suitable for animals

🐸🐸

• Like 1

LapisLazuli77

Alright, quick question, anyone know how the Hunt animations play? Herrerasaurus, Velociraptor, Allosaurus, T. rex, and all four predatory sharks have hunting animations and behaviors but I don't know what triggers them.

ezgif.com-animated-gif-maker (3).gif

Truly_happy

I imagine they'd go into hunt mode when about to eat another animal or a person. Put an animal in the same exhibit and see if the dino uses the hunt animation then.