Lapis' Works

LapisLazuli77

Truly_happy

That's ... beautiful!

• Like 1

YoungerPrinceLothric

Pterosaurs are very important to me and I'll have to test it out this week.

• Like 1

Savannahjan

The Hatzegopteryx looks great!  I love the Mahi-Mahi, so colorful.  Great job on all of these Lapis!  :clap:

• Like 1

Thanks for the suchomimus and troodon because these are the best late Easter gifts ever I wonder what creatures are you doing next?

LapisLazuli77

Honestly I have such a gigantic backlog of stuff in progress so I really don't know which one I'm gonna be tackling next

miiiiight wanna try doing more base Zoo Tycoon stuff though, so not dinosaurs or tank-confined aquatics.

• Like 1

LapisLazuli77

"so not dinosaurs"
-Lapis

So that was a lie

image.png.aed5b30e733612cc56e16466f26b66d8.png

My next 2-in-1 pack: Therizinosaurus and Deinocheirus! These ones are NOT compatible.

Crossed Swords.ztd

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

A non feathered therizinosaurus wwd style? thank you so much can you do a hercules beetle or a deep sea anglerfish

Hawkkeye666

I tried your animals and they look great! I noticed that your Brachiosaurus´ animation for sleep is cut - that happened to me while making my mamenchisaurus, too. For some reason, sleep animation put sauropod´s head into the surface. Now I´d be able to solve it (render animations, than move skeleton of an animal´s neck and head little higher, and render again only animations for sleeping and getting into sleep), but quick fix is to just change animations in .uca for sleeping and getting into sleep to lieidle animation. They´d sleep in that position without looking beheaded.

Also, your troodon is a little too bright. I think that white parts under texture are showing - that can be solved by loading another texture (I use completelly black texture or ingame spectacled bear texture for something slightly lighter for most animals, or ingame polar bear game texture in case of white animals) and then loading animal´s texture over it. You can also change sharpeness of the texture:

and brightness of the texture by togging shadeless option on/off, or adding/removing light sources. Render animal´s animation few times before using that Khaydar´s guide, and DON´T change anything about sharpness until you put sharpness window between set alpha and alpha over windows! You´ll end in edge of green pixels around rendered animal if you don´t follow this.

Also, I´d change name of troodon to giant Alaskan troodontid - yes, that´s the name generally used, because they haven´t been formally described yet. Some size estimates put them to 4 meters long, which I think suit the size of your animal well . I would set eating eggs for carnivorous dinosaurs to 0, because it causes quite ugly bug when animal get stuck in eating animation near the egg and it can end in animal becoming invisible.

I see that you use APE for changing things in .uca. That´s unnecessary and can create bugs or additional lines of text, I recommend to save only icons, texts and images in APE, taking copy of .uca file out of the animal´s .ztd before saving in APE, and then putting it back and rewriting APE saved .uca with it.  You can set practically anything manually in .uca by rewritting lines - www.lunamanar.com/zklounge/viewtopic.php?t=116 There are some lines not explained here, if you need to know how to change anything in .uca, ask me.

Some of your dinosaurs don´t hatch out eggs - this can be solved by adding some lines to .uca.

• Like 1

Khaydar
2 hours ago, Hawkkeye666 said:

I´d change name of troodon to giant Alaskan troodontid

Isn't the Alaska troodon actually latenivenatrix?

LapisLazuli77
2 hours ago, Hawkkeye666 said:

I tried your animals and they look great!

Thanks for your feedback! Any sort of clipping into the ground with animations is cause of the original models' animations. I could probably try and fix that kind of stuff some time later when I feel like going back through everything I've made so far and revising things accordingly.

I did have to crank up the brightness on Troodon a lot to make the colors visible but with khaydar's tutorial maybe I won't need that.

I actually only use APE for generating the initial mod file and adding icon + plaque images, but yeah I can probably try that other method eventually.

Huh, I never got that bug when predators eat eggs...duly noted though. Also if certain dinosaurs aren't hatching out of eggs maybe I uploaded the wrong versions since I like playing with eggs off.

12 minutes ago, Khaydar said:

Isn't the Alaska troodon actually latenivenatrix?

Latenivenatrix was found in Canada so prolly not