Kreek's Zoos

Kreek

I love, love, love it!!! :cheerleader2: Such beautiful work wih the theme!!!

Thanks, Firehawke! That made me smile!

• 2 weeks later...

What to do for the third area? This part of the garden is all about grasses, and evergreens, and water! So, I created a lake. Welcome! Have a bit of rest and relaxation on your stroll around the water garden! Loads of fun for kids to be had too.

post-98901-0-05991300-1437307613_thumb.jpg

Coming from the Japanese garden, through the entrance, there's a little foodcourt area to the right with the petting zoo and of course a birds information center. Because what is a lake without birds.

Swans and the In game flamingo.

post-98901-0-96623100-1437307614_thumb.jpg

To the right is a restaurant and a relaxing sauna with lake side view. I do find the guests get stuck in the bird cage, but that's because they want to go toward the zoo entrance. The problem should solve itself once I've finished the last area. Among the field flowers is a kid's play area.

Swans again, and hiding from camera, the Canada gander.

post-98901-0-15525700-1437307616_thumb.jpg

South side of the lake. The path in the upper left corner leads to the insect house. Lots of those found around here! And then of course there are plants who survive on those insects. So here's the carnivorous plants house.

Great blue Heron and the White Duck.

post-98901-0-21717700-1437307617_thumb.jpg

About this White Duck. I choose the animals for the matching exhibit requirements. There is this great duck, who quacks and everything, but it required all rainforest floor, so I deleted it. I thought this white duck was rather boring. But to my utter surprise it has the most gorgeous flight animations!

post-98901-0-82565300-1437307620_thumb.jpg

In my mind, because of the evergreens, this lake is situated somewhere higher up. Sort of like an Alpine lake. So the next area reflects that. Here's a small waterway coming down from the mountains, loads of rocks, and a restaurant which could be placed on water! Love that! Then there's the Animal adoption center and what I see as a visitors centre, but is actually the forest petting zoo.

post-98901-0-96484300-1437307617_thumb.jpg

All this leads up to a boardwalk platform with food stands, toilet(hidden), swings and snacks for kids, and an amazing view over the lake. I made sure the guests see both the swans and flamingo's from here.

post-98901-0-83369800-1437307618_thumb.jpg

As you can see, guests can also take a shortcut over the lake using stepping stones. The middle of the lake has a relaxing gazebo, perfect to take a small break in the shade.

More overviews

post-98901-0-77949400-1437307619_thumb.jpg

post-98901-0-86210500-1437307621_thumb.jpg

The last garden is a fun one for me. Can't have a garden without this in it! It is of course the Cottage garden!

VERY NICE SCREENS . YOU ARE GOOD AT LANDSCAPING , SOMETHING I AM STILL TRYING TO ACCOMPLISH .

THE GAZEBO IN THE LAKE IS SUCH A NICE TOUCH .

Thank you, Ariznana. I just build what feels right to me, I guess. I also really like how the guests can just walk through that gazebo.

Kreek...You get better with every zoo you do! I like the design and the colours used.

Aw, thanks, Caddie! I am always conscious of the colours used.

Thanks, Firehawke!

toodlepops

Really original concept. Every time I visit this site I find a new download, or way to do elevation or another way to combine downloads to make something entirely new. Love this game.