jspharm
    Newest Member
    jspharm

• LEFOUDUZOO
    • Truly_happy
    • MarkBL20

The Sanctuary - zoo & biopark

MaTT²

I love your lion exhibit! I especially like the terrain effect that you created around the outside of the exihibt. Did you raise the terrain and then created the hills, or did you created the hills, and then leveled off the terrain around the one square edging that you left???

Can't wait to see the cheetahs!

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MaTT²

• Firehawke

• ZooGrammy

• Savannahjan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree that the elavated foliage wall is terrific???...I never thought of doing that...You need to design "real" zoos!!!...You are a great zoo builder!...I can't wait to be able to see the complete finished zoo!!!...

:glitter_happy: :glitter_happy: :glitter_happy:

Savannahjan

Fabulous exhibit! Those walls almost make it look cavelike, very creative. I agree with Caddie, you have a great eye for design.

Thank you all !!

I'm so happy to show you these exhibits after all those problems ^^

For the cliff wall, I first raised a 1 square large terrain to surround the exhibit, then I elevated the cliff/hills trying to have a natural result. I really wanted to create something natural, as if they were living at the foot of a cliff. As I said, I was inspired by the Lion King and by the ancient and famous lion's rock in Vincennes Zoo, Paris .. You can see what it looks like actually , and when it will re-open in 2014 (I love this one too !)

Here's another screen for the observation area with the lion statue. There's a second one on the left, covered, as for each others exhibits :

028-airedobservationsenhauteur.jpg

BZH

All I can say about the leaflet and zoo design is........AWESOME!!!!!!!!

You definately have an eye for detail and a mind on building and marketing. I believe you should get a job as a zoo builder/marketer because I would definately love to visit a real zoo built by you - great job and I can't wait to see new pics :)

Thank you for all your comments ^^ It goes straight to my heart :254:

I finished the cheetah's page but I realized that there is so much to say about the animals that only one page is not enough ... So I'll make 2 pages for each animal. It's quite fast , just have to complete the texts : more informations and more illustrations ^^

@jkreig : In fact, I already work in communication and marketing but for tourism, so that leaflet and guide are really a hobby for me ^^ If one day there'a chance to build such a zoo, I'll do everything to get a job for !! :tongue:

And I'm thinking about the next exhibits, especially for the pink flamingos with footbridge, pontoon and waterfalls :laugh:

• 4 weeks later...

1 month later ..

I've created a double page for each previous animals .. lots of pics and many informations to find and documentaries to read ^^

So this is the next exhibit :

012 - Cheetahs (guépards)

Enclos012-Gupards.jpg

Males : Masaï, Tsavo

Females : Mara, Serengeti

(names of african national park and reserves)

And the 2 pages from my guide :

GUIDE027.jpg

GUIDE028.jpg

I think I need to do more screens from the different sides of my exhibits to show more of it, this one seems a bit "empty" but they don't need a lot of scenery :-/

Next exhibit : leopards ! And I really love their one ^^