Newest Member
    JT12

• feck666
    • writingayone
    • Luz21
    • Goosifer

Elm Creek Zoo

Teotlxixtli

These are the first few shots of my new zoo, the Elm Creek Zoo. I currently have the food court, a rabbit exhibit, the bridge leading across the creek, and a tunnel leading through the woods.

The first shot is of the entrance, which I wanted to be simple because the rest of the zoo is enormous and I'm spending much more time on it than what's outside the fence. The dolphin statue is actually kind of a non-sequitir- I just liked it better than the other statue options I currently had, and because greeting signs take up half a unit instead of a full one and the rest of the space had to be filled with short flowers, I didn't like that idea very much. There is a path that goes along the perimeter of the zoo up to the creek, and although I didn't foresee it, guests follow the path until they realize it doesn't lead anywhere. Sometimes the maintenance worker I currently have employed goes out there instead of emptying garbage bins and that can be frustrating.

post-97513-135869468391_thumb.jpg

The second shot is of the food court, which I put near the entrance because it seemed more realistic than not. In the North Carolina Zoo there's a restaurant at the front gate, and that makes sense to me. You can also see the rabbit exhibit, which appears to only have fencing on one side. I think invisible fences and Genki's bushes are probably my two favorite downloads, along with the Shadowstone Path.

post-97513-135869484752_thumb.jpg

The third shot is of the picnic area. I don't like picnic benches because they take up a full square and you can't be very creative with their placement, so I put benches in with the plants along a path and it leads to more interesting displays. I wanted the bushes and trees to be tall enough to be lush and cover the plain ground but not tall enough to obstruct the view of the animals and the path itself. You can also see the rabbit's den here and more of the exhibit.

post-97513-135869503501_thumb.jpg

The fourth shot is of the path that leads along the treeline to the restroom and the other viewing side of the rabbit exhibit, which you get the best view of here. There's a tunnel in the woods there that leads to the next exhibit I haven't yet built but none of the guests have yet approached it, even though I have the little green signs up to tell them it's a tunnel. The path that goes left at the tunnel leads to a bridge across the creek, which will have content at the other end soon.

post-97513-135869517645_thumb.jpg

Thanks for reading! It's been a while, but hopefully this zoo is better than my older stuff.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Teotlxixtli

• Firehawke

• ZooGrammy

• Rinding FT

It wasn't any intervention on my part, ZooGrammy, they just did it. I have a path outside the fence. They appear, enter the zoo, and exit under the gate but they don't leave the map and walk around for a while before realizing there's nothing to find.

Savannahjan

Oh my, it is just beautiful! I love the lush feel you have achieved, but still allow a good view of everything. I was amazed too to see the guests walking out by the edge, never have seen that, to be sure. Could you tell me what fence or rock you are using in the rabbit exhibit in that little corner of water. It looks like only two pieces of rock fence. You have done such a nice job with the grasses; I love to use them in all my zoos.

ZooGrammy

I believe the rock fence is one of ZooTan's decorative fences. Still can't get over the people walking outside..........Has anyone else seen that happen?

wonderful zoo... can't wait to see more.

Did you use the map editor? To have the people walking outside,I think that would only happen if the zoo walls have been moved and incorrectly put back. When I do that the only thing that happens with my zoos is they crash.

Would be nice to figure out how to get them outside..

Savannahjan, the rock fences are Zootan's decorative fences. I don't like the look of bare cliff wall and those seemed to fit.

Yeah, I used the map editor, and guests outside the fence is definitely weird. I hadn't seen it prior to this zoo myself, though I haven't had any issues with my game because of it.

I'll have more screenshots up tomorrow, I think. I have other things going on today.