JT12

• DragonEmperor500
    • pdn
    • redwolf
    • EmpN
    • Truly_happy

Elm Creek Zoo

Teotlxixtli

I have people walking outside the zoo in several of mine . All you have to do is remove the gate with the map editor and leave it out . I have sent screenshots of it with comments , remember ? So , far none of mine have crashed from removing the gate and leaving it out . As long as you dont "resave " the zoo after you put the gate back in , people will walk outside . You can put any gate there , an arch or whatever and as long as you dont resave with a gate , people are free to walk anywhere .

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Teotlxixtli

• Firehawke

• ZooGrammy

• Rinding FT

Savannahjan

That is so weird. So, when a new guest appears, the zoo receives the admission price? Would that also mean that without a gate you can continue to edit the outside? Would you even need the outer zoo walls?

That is so weird. So, when a new guest appears, the zoo receives the admission price? Would that also mean that without a gate you can continue to edit the outside? Would you even need the outer zoo walls?

I have never tried taking out the walls , but I have put in more than one gate . It works fine , but guests will only use the front one after it is saved . I may try it to just see if it will save without walls . guests will walk all the way around the outer edge if the gate is removed . I dont know about admission charges , I rarely pay any attention to the money . I just run the cheat up to a few million and build . I just finished one that has over 1000 guests and a guest rating of 92 . ok , update . I tried without the walls and it works fine . guests will go anywhere you put a path . and the money goes up just the same as when they are passing through the gate . i saved it several times , no crashes . i also made a screenshot of it without walls and guests walking about . if you want to see it .

Wonderful pics, Teotlxixtli!!! I love the downloads you used...some of my favorites!

Odd about the guests...hopefully it can be recreated!

The first shot we have here is of the back end of the bridge leading across the creek to the other bank and the hooded crane exhibit. This area ended up being more lush and full that the other area due to a much broader range of space, which was nice. The bushes here did an excellent job concealing the invisible fence along the shoreline for the hooded cranes. You can't see them in this shot because they were hiding further up in their exhibit.

post-97513-135888427057_thumb.jpg

This next shot is one of two good angles I can get on this exhibit, and it also shows the pathway leading to the next section of the zoo, which I'll get pictures of soon enough. I made the hooded crane exhibit this shape because I have a tendency to make lots of right angles or straight lines and the randomness of the creek and the subsequent exhibit and path shapes helped fix that problem.

post-97513-135888440477_thumb.jpg

This is the other good angle on the hooded cranes, and it also shows the little ice cream stand I put in the corner. There's a path that goes past that to a larger food court, which I have a shot of next. Again, no picnic benches because of their block shape.

post-97513-135888457073_thumb.jpg

This is, right now, the most crowded part of the zoo- there's a restroom, ice cream stand, drink stand, and hot dog stand, with a bunch of benches, lampposts and trashcans amid the foliage. When I designed this section I thought of the Barcelona Zoo in Spain, which has about three man- made sources of shade, even though the summer in Barcelona is sweltering. Almost all the shade in that park is provided by the trees, and it's nice and cool there. There's a path that leads two ways here: the one that goes past the big gift shop goes to an exhibit down by the water, and the other goes off to another exhibit. The next few shots will be down by the water, then back the other direction again.

post-97513-135888469985_thumb.jpg

Thanks for reading! The next installment will be in another two days.

More beautiful pics! I love the shape of the exhibit and the amount of foliage!

Just a couple shots today, I'll have more once more of the zoo is complete.

The first shot here is of my western pond turtles, which, I realized partway through exhibit construction, have a mostly water exhibit, so I lowered the ground and put them "in" Elm Creek, and with a little invisible fence and some rock fencing along the cliff face and I was in business. A lot of early exhibits, especially ones in the Bronx Zoo, were sunk into the ground like this and I think it adds a new twist on the previous two ground level exhibits.

post-97513-13591394739_thumb.jpg

The second shot is of the swift foxes, which I'm not particularly proud of but I had little to go on in this corner anyway. The next three exhibits are much better, though.

post-97513-135913970494_thumb.jpg

Thanks for reading! More shots will be up in a couple days or so.

Love the two exhibits!!! I like how you worked the western pond turtles into the creek...and I like the shape of the swift fox exhibit. Keep up the great work!