• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Teotlxixtli

• Firehawke

• ZooGrammy

• Rinding FT

ZooGrammy, you can tell the difference between them in that the American Beavers don't like the beaver dam in their exhibit and the European Beavers do.

Wonderful new pics!!! I don't use the beavers very often...I should use them more!

Can't wait to see more!

The first shot here is another angle on the Wekas which also shows the path back up to the raccoon dogs and the red foxes as well as a snippet of the walk-through aviary, which we'll visit next.

post-97513-136209448133_thumb.jpg

This shot is of the walk-through aviary, one of the more creative exhibits in the zoo thus far. Unfortunately I wasn't as creative as I could be with the layout, but the Swan Geese and the South Island Geese are quite happy in their exhibits. Along with the Tasmanian Devils, the South Island Geese were probably the biggest leap in terms of biome. Technically South Island Geese are grassland animals, but they have rainforest and savanna terrain in their exhibit.

post-97513-136209449403_thumb.jpg

This shot shows another angle on the walk-through aviary, but it also shows the beavers and the Great Blue Herons, which have their own little alcove in the trees.

post-97513-136209450475_thumb.jpg

The Black Storks are up on the rocks (like the American Beavers on the other side) and their exhibit is sunken for a different look. This part of the zoo (along with the Great Blue Herons) get very few visitors.

post-97513-13620945177_thumb.jpg

Thanks for reading! More shots will be coming soon.

I love the walk through aviary...I'm going to have to take a page out of your book sometime!

Savannahjan

Oh yes, love the aviary. Catfish is a genius, it adds so much to the game. Every inch of your zoo is so lush and inviting, just love the design.

Savannahjan

:whoa: Highjacked thread alert!!!! :whoa: Oh ZG, get thee to the eye doctor ASAP! I can't believe I posted a pic without makeup. That was taken last May when hubby and I went to the beach.

Now returning to your regularly scheduled program thread.