• Total Members
    • Most Online

JT12
    Newest Member
    JT12

• ZKH

Elm Creek Zoo

Teotlxixtli

A very beautiful zoo...I especially like the lushness of your design...the division of the animal habitats and the non-animal areas is done so well...I am looking forward to seeing more of this zoo and others that you do...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Teotlxixtli

• Firehawke

• ZooGrammy

• Rinding FT

Savannahjan

I love that turtle exhibit, it is the perfect placement. The fox exhibit is beautiful. Love seeing this project develop,

This first shot is of the little spotted kiwi exhibit, which I put in the corner of the foliage. I haven't been to a zoo with any spotted kiwis and I decided to stick them here. They don't receive much attention from guests, which is okay for them.

post-97513-135942339342_thumb.jpg

Another shot of the kiwi exhibit. It's kind of uninspired, but it works.

post-97513-135942340379_thumb.jpg

The third shot is the magnum opus of the zoo thus far: the enormous Japanese Giant Salamander pit. Originally I was going to combine the salamanders with a beaver or some other kind of aquatic mammal, and I created two exhibits and a little water passage between them, but I realized each "circle" exhibit was too small for animals so I connected the "circles" with the water passage and picked the animal that would get the most donations from guests.

post-97513-135942341221_thumb.jpg

This fourth shot is another angle on the salamander pit.

post-97513-13594234206_thumb.jpg

Thanks for reading! More shots will coming soon.

ZooGrammy

A beautiful design and love the layout with the walks and fences. Great use of foliage.

Wonderful job!!! I really like the different shapes of the exhibits...very creative!

This first shot is of the new striped skunk exhibit I put along the shore here. The trees separate it from the western pond turtle exhibit.

post-97513-13598086571_thumb.jpg

The second shot is the good angle on the exhibit, which shows the bushes on the bank of the creek a little better. I have a creek near my house that has a similar steep drop off from the "main land" (I guess is what you would call it) and the water and I wanted to replicate that as best I could. You can also see in this shot that I used the dreaded picnic benches, but only because I had little space to incorporate them into the foliage like I did at the rabbit exhibit on the other side of the creek at the entrance to the zoo.

post-97513-135980872782_thumb.jpg

The third shot is a better angle on the food court and also shows the path leading to the great bustard exhibit, which I'll be showing soon.

post-97513-135980902021_thumb.jpg

Thanks for reading! More shots will be coming soon.

ZooGrammy

A very good skunk exhibit. Had to snag a picture of that one.

Looked back at some of the other screens. Where did you get the spotted Kiwi?