Borsato Project

Borsato

carlos franco

Tengo un problema con el Caracal, la instalación resulta ser adecuada, pero la felicidad baja a cero, aunado a esto el hábitat del Caracal es mas rica en cuanto a la flora ya que no habita en zonas totalmente desérticas, si no es zonas semidesérticas y en la sabana, será posible que se pueda modificar a que tenga más vegetación, ya que la instalación se ve muy sencilla. 
image.png.16c29ce81cf1742b91c47ccefff25821.png

También estuve  probando la iguana marina, todo va bien hasta que decide ponerla en un tanque, se desplaza nadando por el tanque, pero al cabo de un par de minutos la animación de nadando se mantiene fija, ya no se desplaza por el tanque, después de ello baja al fondo del tanque y ya no se mueve, esto ocasiona que el animal no pueda comer, y aun asi estando estático si se logra seguir reproduciendo.
En cuanto al hábitat de la iguana marina también está carente de vegetación, tuve la oportunidad de visitar las Galápagos hace un par de años, ver las iguanas marinas personalmente, y estas se mantienen cerca de la playa, nos explicaba el guía que la mayor parte del tiempo lo pasan sobre rocas a modo de camuflarse con una roca, esto lo hacen de manera instintiva, pero también pasan tiempo sobre la arena, las aguas donde nada la iguana marina son muy ficas en coral, algas, y otro tipo de vegetación tanto fuera como dentro del agua. Estaría genial poder ponerle algo de arena en su hábitat.

image.png.287363cdf2bedadf8b7df42d298afd84.png

En cuanto al Capibara es un roedor que pasa y disfruta de abundante agua en su hábitat natural, así como de mayor vegetación.
El Gerenuk también gusta de mayor vegetación en su hábitat natural, ya que son de los arboles de done obtienen su principal fuente de alimentación.

@Borsato tú trabajo es bastante bueno, es maravilloso, en lo personal yo no ocupo dinosaurios en mis zoológicos, pienso que pierden cierto "realismo", y las instalaciones son muy extensas, aunque debo reconocer que los animales que has cargado son muy buenos y estoy pensando en ocupar algunos, sin embargo me atrevo a pedirte si pudieras hacer algo con los hábitats del Caracal, Iguana Marina, Capibara y Gerenuk para hacerlos mas realistas, seria genial ver instalaciones con mayor vida vegetal para estos animales.

Saludos. 

2 hours ago, carlos franco said:

Tengo un problema con el Caracal...

Ok, I tried to translate with GoogleTranslate, so I hope the translation was good.

I'll answer all the questions divided by the animal itself.

Caracal: the suitability is not on 100% and that could be a factor of the unhappiness of the animal. Try to add more rock and foliage, so the suitability amounts. I found that to have 100% suitability you need to go on with foliage and rocks as long as happy face appears.

I could try to add more likeness to savannah plants and amount the TreePref. I'll think about it.

Gerenuk: I could add some more TreePref to its likeness, but it would make it less compatible with original African animals (like Thompson's Gazelle). I'll think about it.

Marine Iguana: I fear it is a bug of APE creating the animal's behaviour or of the original animal itself (althought I get the feeling it is the second one more then the first). I'll try to get more insight of it. @Fern sorry to disturb you, could you help us on this matter? Maybe Jay can be of help here.
About habitat and foliage, I could add sand to its exhibit... still I'll think about it.

Capybara: maybe more TreePref could be more appropriate. I will think about it.

So... thank you for your feedback!

• Love 1

carlos franco
10 hours ago, Borsato said:

Ok, I tried to translate with GoogleTranslate, so I hope the translation was good.

I'll answer all the questions divided by the animal itself.

Caracal: the suitability is not on 100% and that could be a factor of the unhappiness of the animal. Try to add more rock and foliage, so the suitability amounts. I found that to have 100% suitability you need to go on with foliage and rocks as long as happy face appears.

I could try to add more likeness to savannah plants and amount the TreePref. I'll think about it.

Gerenuk: I could add some more TreePref to its likeness, but it would make it less compatible with original African animals (like Thompson's Gazelle). I'll think about it.

Marine Iguana: I fear it is a bug of APE creating the animal's behaviour or of the original animal itself (althought I get the feeling it is the second one more then the first). I'll try to get more insight of it. @Fern sorry to disturb you, could you help us on this matter? Maybe Jay can be of help here.
About habitat and foliage, I could add sand to its exhibit... still I'll think about it.

Capybara: maybe more TreePref could be more appropriate. I will think about it.

So... thank you for your feedback!

@Borsato thanks for taking my comments into account.

Try the Caracal again with the advice you gave me and it works great, it reproduces very well and they are very long-lived.

The Caracal, the Capibara and the Gerenuk work wonders, it would only be to see if you could put more vegetation to give a touch of more realism to their exhibitions.

Greetings.
  • Like 1

Can I make a request as to the animals included in one of those packs?

Khaydar

Here's some feedback

Capybara doesn't like filters, that can be a problem if you're making hybrid exhibits, also for some reason it can't find a mate, even there is only a couple in the exhibit.

Great Auk doesn't like small marines rocks for some reason.

For dinosaurs I suggest going for more blue fang exhibits , or accuracy like NoGrassPlease, but this is more a matter of personnal taste than a real incovenience.

Like Carlos franco, I'm having a hard time to please my caracals, maybe that's a problem with foliage preferences, because i'm at max foliage/rocks and they barely like their exhibit.

13 hours ago, carlos franco said:

The Caracal, the Capibara and the Gerenuk work wonders, it would only be to see if you could put more vegetation to give a touch of more realism to their exhibitions.

I've thinked about it... and effectively it would not be a bad idea to amount their foliage preferences. So I've amounted of some points the TreePref of the three animals. Also Caracal has been made to like also savannah plants.
You can find the updated ZTDs in the usual folder.

2 hours ago, Khaydar said:

Capybara doesn't like filters, that can be a problem if you're making hybrid exhibits, also for some reason it can't find a mate, even there is only a couple in the exhibit.

Great Auk doesn't like small marines rocks for some reason.

For dinosaurs I suggest going for more blue fang exhibits , or accuracy like NoGrassPlease, but this is more a matter of personnal taste than a real incovenience.

Like Carlos franco, I'm having a hard time to please my caracals, maybe that's a problem with foliage preferences, because i'm at max foliage/rocks and they barely like their exhibit.

Capybara: for the mate issue I think it is connected to the Malayasian Tapir (the capybara is based on the Malayasian Tapir) cMatingType configuration, but I don't have enough information to be sure about that. :dunno1:
Great Auk: Great Auks likes Tundra habitat objects and do not like aquatic objects. The only objects it likes from the Aquatic habitat are the Isle Rock and Iceberg.

Dinosaurs: I try to do a mix of them. It depends from dinosaur to dinosaur (for example Maiasaura is in savannah for the lack of Savannah dinosaur, but because probably lived near coniferous forests, it still have some coniferous floor and likeness to coniferous plants).

Caracal: try to give it plants that it likes more then others (for example the Sand Bush). Also try the updated version, it should be a little more easier now that it likes also savannah plants.

I hope to have answered your questions. Feel free to ask more if needed.

11 hours ago, HeatherL said:

Can I make a request as to the animals included in one of those packs?

The packs are more or less already defined, but try me. You never know.. :)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Khaydar said:

Are you putting the filter in the exhibit?  I always put it outside of the exhibit.

I've noticed that sometimes animals with tank /land exhibits will complain about not finding or wanting a mate if they are in the tank & the mate is on land (or vice versa).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Borsato said:

The packs are more or less already defined, but try me. You never know.. :)

These are my favorites:  Gigantopithecus, Doedicurus, Platypus, Capybara, Thylacosmilus, Corythosaurus, Maiasaur, & Quagga.  Thanks for the consideration!

Cricket
25 minutes ago, HeatherL said:

I've noticed that sometimes animals with tank /land exhibits will complain about not finding or wanting a mate if they are in the tank & the mate is on land (or vice versa).

The Southern Sea Otters are notorious for this :)

Z.Z.
12 hours ago, Cricket said:

The Southern Sea Otters are notorious for this :)

In exhibits that have land and tank water, I pause the game, put all animals on the land, then run through their population maintenance.

:)