Particle's Projects

Particle

Particle

These were a little harder than I thought, even though they are very simple graphics, they are also very tiny, and they use a sort of illusion of little dots to look like flowers but really they're just little dots... I had to try some different things out to keep it from being too dramatic, or loud, because the original ones are sort of subtle.  And if I made it too subtle, you couldn't even see the colors at all, because the graphics are so teeny tiny.  After a few tries I ended up with these. 

Zoomed in.  I did all these with 4 views, but not all of them are shown here:

test14.jpg.1fc2d37f208c010a5ae02c2e57b41ca2.jpg

Combining them all together:

test13.jpg.6f1a0d08d35cad8123c9937a8a615ce2.jpg

I can imagine that they will make a zoo very very colorful.

Something I never really thought about before, the default flowerbeds are NOT set to auto rotate like trees and rocks.  This makes all the flower rows look unnatural but orderly.  I thought well that is silly, so I set them to auto rotate... this makes for more reality in the overall look of the flowerbeds, but it did not look right to me.  I'm so used to the flowerbeds the way they were, it seemed weird.  What do you guys think?  Should these flowerbeds auto rotate?

• Like 1

Gardeners often plant in rows for a formal look. So I would not auto rotate. It does not take much to do it yourself if you want.

Remember these are flowerbeds as opposed to wilderness plantings.

Particle

Ok, we'll stick with symmetry.

The more I looked at those pics, the more I realized the second row was bugging me.  I redid the SE view on the yellow flowerbed, here is all 4 views now, the secondary color is a little more evened out, although keep in mind this is zoomed in, and if you use a darker color for that secondary color, it blends better overall, and the one with the arrow has black for its secondary color:

test15.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Particle

These rocks are all buildings.  Don't let their rocky outward appearance fool you.

test16.jpg.df9aba6a32c64fe52cadad421a650fb8.jpg

They all work in any exhibits just like the default rocks do.  I used the snow rocks to get the 2 colors. 

Tomorrow I'm going to do a few more rocks, I think they'll be very useful.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Z.Z.

Cool, do they add to suitability, or do animals just not care if they are there?

Particle

They use the same name IDs as the normal rocks, so if animals like the normal rocks, then they will like these just the same.

I can make ones that are exhibit neutral also, but for now, everything I've done is EXACTLY the same code as the original items, except that they have the ability to swap colors.  I don't want these to feel like cheats, so I haven't adjusted any other values.  The fact that they are configured as buildings has not changed the way they behave in the  game at all (at least as far as I can tell).  And if you're wondering what exactly "configured as buildings" means, it is that they are .ucb files instead of .ucs files.  (Doing them as .ucb files makes the building panel open).

[guide for anyone who is thinking wut?]

ucs = user created scenery

ucb = user created building

When bluefang did the stage scenery, they didn't use this method, they used a config file (.cfg) to declare what is scenery and what is a building.  But we don't need to do that, because it is easier to rename the scenery file to "namehere.ucb" and call it good.