Particle's Projects

Particle

Particle
3 hours ago, Z.Z. said:

I like the idea of making the wandering animals from zookeepers, if thats possible. Maintenance people would be even better, that way the wandering animals can fix fences too ;D
And their fix fence/repair filter/pic up trash scan will send them all over the zoo, just like the maintenance people!

Of course they would have to be located in the personnel tab, but thats no problem.

As far as I can tell, there is no way to add more staff to the personnel tab.  I tried that a long time ago, and the game is pretty rigid about this.  But adding them to scenery is completely different and might work.  Also, if an animal is doing repairs and picking up trash, then they would have to have all those animation sets, so I would have to make them.  But if they act like they usually do, in other words, idling about, eating and pooping, sometimes going for a swim, those animations are already in the game for a lot of animals, so that would be much easier to do.  Also there are lots of animals that users have made that don't make sense in an exhibit, like a kitty cat, for example.  But those animations for that cat are done, so if I can figure this out, I can convert that cat to a critter, and it will be roaming around the zoo, and I won't have to do any actual animations myself.  Think of it as just recoding an animal, not redoing it completely. 

But I do think it would be amusing to have a moose that was also a zookeeper.  :)

3 hours ago, Z.Z. said:

I have made animated scenery items using APE, it doesnt require a script, just the animation frames, so if you were to make a 1x4 wandering peacock scenery item, it would just require how ever many frames you need to move it from one end and back again so it loops.
The only thing I would suggest is placing a small rock or grass in the corners so the area is marked for placement.

I realize that I can do that, but again, in my mind that is not as much fun as letting the peacock roam around, eating food, pooping, going for a swim, all the things animals normally do.  To make the peacock like a real animal in every way, except that it doesn't need to be in an exhibit, and the zookeeper doesn't tranquilize it and put it in a box.

On the other hand, if anyone wants to make a very complicated and long animation loop of a peacock wandering around a few tiles, I can turn that into a scenery piece in about 10 mins, and that would be a pretty fun mod too, so at some point, if I cannot get this to work the way I want, I might do something like that.

• Like 1

VeganCannibalism
3 minutes ago, Particle said:

As far as I can tell, there is no way to add more staff to the personnel tab.  The game is pretty rigid about this.  But adding them to scenery is completely different.  Also, if an animal is doing repairs and picking up trash, then they would have to have those animations, so I would have to make them.  But if they act like they usually do, in other words, idling about, eating and pooping, sometimes going for a swim, those animations are already in the game for a lot of animals, so that would be much easier to do.  But I do think it would be amusing to have a moose that was also a zookeeper.  :)

I realize that I can do that, but again, in my mind that is not as much fun as letting the peacock roam around, eating food, pooping, going for a swim, all the things animals normally do.  To make the peacock like a real animal in every way, except that it doesn't need to be in an exhibit, and the zookeeper doesn't tranquilize it and put it in a box.

So would roaming critters need zookeepers to place their food, rake up poop, etc. as well as animals on exhibit? Or would the critters being in a different class mean that they just perform the proper animations as they wander around?

Particle
20 minutes ago, VeganCannibalism said:

So would roaming critters need zookeepers to place their food, rake up poop, etc. as well as animals on exhibit? Or would the critters being in a different class mean that they just perform the proper animations as they wander around?

If I had my way, the zookeepers would still go around feeding them and cleaning up for them, but if they don't do that, then I'll have to adjust the scope I guess.  I would want the interaction, and also the animals do interact with eachother too, like they get happy and run around together, so if I can get them to do that still, all that would be great.  And animals  sometimes stop and do the ogle animations to guests, stuff like that.  All of those things, scenery doesn't do that, but animals do.

Sidenote:  I don't think anyone has ever tried to add a new unit type to the game (I could be wrong) so the consequences of doing that are pretty much unknown.  That's what makes it fun though.

Savannah flowers (4 views), 576 color combinations:

test03.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Particle
11 minutes ago, Z.Z. said:

Wow! The Savannah flowers are awesome!

You were right, the flowers are perfect for this.  I'm doing all 3 full tile flowerbeds next, all with 2 colors of flowers.

:jump1:

• Love 2

VeganCannibalism
1 hour ago, Particle said:

If I had my way, the zookeepers would still go around feeding them and cleaning up for them, but if they don't do that, then I'll have to adjust the scope I guess.  I would want the interaction, and also the animals do interact with eachother too, like they get happy and run around together, so if I can get them to do that still, all that would be great.  And animals  sometimes stop and do the ogle animations to guests, stuff like that.  All of those things, scenery doesn't do that, but animals do.

Sidenote:  I don't think anyone has ever tried to add a new unit type to the game (I could be wrong) so the consequences of doing that are pretty much unknown.  That's what makes it fun though.

Savannah flowers (4 views), 576 color combinations:

test03.jpg

That's a really interesting idea! The zookeepers will have their work cut out for them, ha.

Also, those flowers are absolutely stunning!

Particle
53 minutes ago, Z.Z. said:

Way cool. Do they show up in the foliage menu or the buildings menu?

test12.jpg.194a276e47dc6a7da5ec9d0ae5e4656a.jpg

• Love 1