Particle's Projects

Particle

Particle
12 minutes ago, Savannahjan said:

I think the open area between the slats is what gives the wood and aluminum bench more detail and you can actually tell what it is.  

The shape is also very important.  It is true that a stone bench is pretty much just a block of stone.

That is why I also thought about doing something like this:

https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-models/architectural/decoration/stone-bench-low-poly-game-ready

I wouldn't doubt it if someone has already done something like this, but I couldn't find a bench like this on zoo tek.

• Like 1

There are similar benches to your link here:

http://www.ztcdd.org/DD/index.php?topic=3135.0

and here:

http://www.ztcdd.org/DD/index.php?topic=7399.0

and:

http://www.ztcdd.org/DD/index.php?topic=10060.0

and, almost forgot this one:

http://www.ztcdd.org/DD/index.php?topic=10353.0

They are scenery only.

Actually the last one only shows the image of the bench-it's in one of Genki's Brick Themed packs, but I don't remember which one. :-)

Particle

Thanks Heather!  Those are fun examples.  I like the savyket one, it is very clear to me what it is because of the shape.  No one would make a wood bench that looks like that.  So it is definitely a stone bench.  Also I think it would look good in 24 different colors.  :cheer1:

• Love 1

Cricket

Unless I am mistaken, no one has yet to successfully make a working bench for the game.  Some have tried but they had issues.  That's why any user-made benches are decorative.  Hopefully Fern can verify this (or tell me I'm off my rocker lol).

Particle

You have the steel bench I did that is colorswappable.  It works in game I tested it a bunch.  You just have to do benches as a hack, so you can't have more than 3 benches in your game.  But you can change the 3 benches to look however you want, as far as I know, without any issues.

Also if you look at the picture of the stone benches, you can see I included the 2 people sitting on that bench so you could see it was not just a scenery bench.

:cheer1:

This is the same things with the garbage cans, and I assume the picnic tables.  To add more items of these types would require you to modify the guest.ai file.  That is problematic.  Moddifying the item instead, like say the trash can, that is much less problematic, and only requires the player understands that they can only use one trash can mod at a time.

Of course, and this is important, when it comes to a game mod like the trash can, I won't include it in a pack, it will be a separate download, so that no one feels forced to replace the trash can in the game, but why wouldn't you like to have the option of a trash can that changes colors?  Seems to me that it is a much better trash can than one that doesn't change colors, especially if it behaves in every way exactly like the normal trash can.  That seems less like a hack, and more like a game upgrade.  As we discussed the other day Cricket, I've been wanting a trash can that changes colors since I first started playing.  So you can call it a hack, a mod or an upgrade, but what it will do is make your zoos look better, and I that is the most important thing to me.

Cricket

I was not trying to belittle your work.  If they work as a hack, I'm all for it.

Particle
20 minutes ago, Cricket said:

I was not trying to belittle your work.  If they work as a hack, I'm all for it.

Oh no I wasn't feeling belittled, I am just explaining why it might be fun to use your bench as a hack for the stone bench, is that ok if I use those graphics?  Or are they someone else's?

Cricket
Just now, Particle said:

Oh no I wasn't feeling belittled, I am just explaining why it might be fun to use your bench as a hack for the stone bench, is that ok if I use those graphics?  Or are they someone else's?

I'm definitely ok with it :D

Particle

Awesome, I'm going to see if I can make people sit on it then.  FUN!:jippie1:

• Like 1

Particle

Here's what happened.   This kid sat on it.

benches03.jpg.6a78b5bc500598d071cedcf66ea0c121.jpg

At first I thought that looks pretty good, but then I rotated around and realized that the bench animations have no backs on them, because the benches all have backs.  So I need a bench with a back or I'd have to redo alot of guest animations.  I prefer the first option.  So I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1