Particle's Projects

Particle

Z.Z.

Well thats interesting.

You could make it appear to move through the towers by timing the placement while the game is paused, like with the jumping fountain.

Yeah, I have Corel Paint Shop Pro, trying to figure out how to use it is beyond frustrating.

• Love 1

Cricket
19 minutes ago, Z.Z. said:

You could make it appear to move through the towers by timing the placement while the game is paused, like with the jumping fountain.

That's a good idea.  Even without that, I'd still use it. :jump1:

19 minutes ago, Z.Z. said:

Yeah, I have Corel Paint Shop Pro, trying to figure out how to use it is beyond frustrating.

I have Corel PaintShop Pro X8.  If you need help, let me know and I'll see what I can do :D

Particle
1 hour ago, Z.Z. said:

You could make it appear to move through the towers by timing the placement while the game is paused, like with the jumping fountain

Yes there could be ways to make it so the vehicle looks like it is actually moving continuously, I would have to play with the timing of the animations when I get to that point.  I didn't really get into that because honestly I'm not sure how coordinated it would all look.  I'd have to play with it for awhile.  But the jumping fountains are a working example of how you can align all the animations if you want.

Z.Z.

Thanks Cricket, my Corel Paint Shop Pro is X9, I managed to make a simple gradient a long time ago, cant remember how I did it, all I remember is it was a huge pain in the butt.
Aldus Superpaint was so easy, you just clicked on the gradient tool, and a bar popped up, you put markers on the bar and used the eye dropper to color them, and moved the markers back and forth on the bar to get the colors to fade where you wanted them, then used the fill bucket to pour it into your image, then clicked it in the direction you wanted it to go.

You could literally have a hundred color markers on the bar, and you could choose a gradient shape too, round, square, corner, or just straight.

It would fill an area of your image, or the background, or if you used the magic wand to select a single color wherever it appeared in your image it would fill just that color.

I could do anything with that little program, and it was so easy to use. I really miss it....

Ok, Im done crying now...

;D

Particle
1 hour ago, Cricket said:

Particle, I really like your ideas for this tram!

That's one vote for yes!

Let me say one more little thing, that if I do something like this, another part of the scope I'd like to add is to make the height of the railway/skycar pieces a standard height.  This way other people can make versions of the track pieces and the tower pieces, and then players can mix and match the different styles together.

ZZ what happened to this Aldus Superpaint program, did they stop making it?

Edit:  Nevermind I googled it.  In September 1994, Aldus was absorbed by Adobe in a $525 million 1.15:1.00 common stock exchange.

I remember that program, for the mac.  I was never a mac person, but I remember that it had the best paint program ever.

VeganCannibalism

Dude! That tram sounds absolutely phenomenal. I'd better pick my jaw up off the floor... before my cats get to it. ;D Your ideas are utterly brilliant! So cool! As for ideas of cool stuff we want to see, well...

For your critters idea, not only would I love to see them climb trees and such (this would likely just need animated foliage), but how hard would it be to create feeding stations that would allow guests to feed critters for a few quarters or so?

Also, would it be (theoretically) possible to make a boat ride version of your tram? Something similar to the Jungle Cruise ride at Disneyland? (Warning: I am a massive Disney geek. Don't get me started ;D)

Particle
13 minutes ago, VeganCannibalism said:

(Warning: I am a massive Disney geek. Don't get me started ;D)

Me too.  ;)

The boat rides like the disney rides (the safari ride with the fake hippos is awesome right?), those are also very high on my personal list of things I want.  However, I think the boat ride stuff is a whole different conversation.  It's not that this idea couldn't work for that, in theory, but we don't really have bridges, so I think you'd have some things that would have to be totally different.  Also, you have boat rides in the game already, if you remember JBL was talking about how to make the paddle boats go on tracks, so that always becomes part of the conversation.  On top of that, some of the best boat rides at disneyland are inside of buildings, and you can't see them at all, like the small world ride for instance.  So in theory you could do the small world ride as a building, or as a configured door that you could attach to any building, and that illusion would work. 

So yeah more boat rides.  I'd love to have them.  I'm just not sure this tram setup will work for them.

14 minutes ago, VeganCannibalism said:

For your critters idea, not only would I love to see them climb trees and such (this would likely just need animated foliage), but how hard would it be to create feeding stations that would allow guests to feed critters for a few quarters or so?

I will see what i can do about that...

• Love 1

Particle

Ok so I thought about this a little more and I had an idea of how I could maybe do bridges for this.  I'll play around with it.

• Like 1