Particle's Projects

Particle

Particle
15 minutes ago, Fern said:

That can happen even when you have a back. The dimensions are tricky to get right.

Yeah I'm sort of guessing that I'd also have to make the bench exactly the same length as the stone bench in the game, which is about 10 pixels longer than the savyket one.  And then also I'd have to put a back on it.  So I'd probably use the existing stone bench as a template, and then I'd build a new version of the savyket one on top of it, so that the dimensions were exactly the same.

But for now I think I'm just going to do some other stuff, that was a fun experiment, maybe I'll just sort of close my eyes and wish for a giant pack of awesome custom user made trash cans, benches and or picnic tables to come out at some point.  If I sprinkle pixie dust on it, and mix in some eye of newt, and pray to the gods of zoo tycoon, strange things sometimes happen...

• Haha 2

Z.Z.

I use the stone bench all the time, I only use the wooden bench for fall zoos, and the metal bench for winter zoos.

If you like I can do a quick set of graphics for the stone bench.

Particle

Do you mean like a replacement set of graphics for the ingame one?  If you think you can do a nice version of it, I'd love to see that!

Z.Z.

Here you go.

The set on the left is the original in game graphics.

The second set is a stone bench and below it is the stone bench with the original shadowing on the ground.

I made it by reconstructing the original stone bench in various colors for the different surfaces, which straightened out the lines, then used the in game grey rocks to color it.

The third set is a grey bench and below it is the grey bench with the original shadowing on the ground.

image.png.911fcd707d992bc86825445ce7ae5985.png

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Particle

Wow those are awesome!  I like all of those better than the original one.  What do you all think, would you rather have the stone bench by ZZ with colorswap than the original one from the game?  If so which one would you prefer from the ones above? 

Personally for me the shadow is interesting, because scenery doesn't usually have shadows, but all the guests do, so the shadows might look better in game than they do in the forums, but the result is the graphic has less of a recognizable form.

Either way thank you so much for doing those, they turned out great!  I will play with them in game soon and see what happens!

Last night I did this, so far only 1 view is done, I call them super fancy bathrooms:

bathrooom1.jpg.f4b4d94c493a2d7da61e89e0bdb7b664.jpg

Hmmm... what to work on first.  I have a bonanza of projects right now!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Z.Z.

Personally I like the second one without the shadowing.

The shadowing is actually brown, which really messes with grass terrain.

Glad you like them :)

Particle

It won't be hard to try them all out in game, so I'll do that and make some screenshots.  I do like them.  I think you may have given the stone bench a second chance at a good life!

YoungerPrinceLothric

ooohh I like those benches! this game desperately needs more benches.