Particle's Projects

Particle

Particle
32 minutes ago, YoungerPrinceLothric said:

Not going to lie, I was never that into the whole 'observation areas for gazebos' idea that's been done in the past, but I understand our options are limited.

Yeah well I'm not going to give up on actually making paths that are elevated, probably ever, but from what I understand a lot of people have tried it, and we still don't really have it.  So for now illusions offer the best possible alternatives.

And I also believe that the terrain tool is one of the best things in the game, and one of the most under used things in the game.  I also think that the observation areas have a lot of potential for scenery.  Here is an example of a building using the terrain tool, where people could walk on the roof.   First use the terrain tool to do this:

building001a.jpg.dd3267fe65ed8bcce9c1f7659330def0.jpg

Then I would make an observation area in the shape of a building to fit on top of it:

building001.jpg.32372754157ec729530e02dcd33c34f3.jpg

And again, that is just one example.  There are a million ways that could play out if you think about it.  I'm currently trying to do a treehouse with this strategy (the whole tree will actually be configured as an observation area). But people walking on buildings is just the tip of the iceberg of how we can use the terrain tool better.  Just some more food for thought.  :)

• Love 2

Particle
19 minutes ago, YoungerPrinceLothric said:

I know, I understand completely.

Apologies, I tend to over explain sometimes, but only because not everyone might understand what I'm saying.  :)

Here is a better mockup of a gazebo setup, this one could even be modular I think, with just a few pieces that fit together into an octagon:

gazebo03.jpg.83363a737d658ffc39e945783bc70ec4.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Particle

One more thought to add, you can do the illusion of ground underneath the gazebo like this (I just did one little part of it here to illustrate):

gazebo04.jpg.4968eefb83543e7b12125001091e18f8.jpg

So that it looks like it is off the ground a little.

• Like 1

YoungerPrinceLothric
11 minutes ago, Cricket said:

Ah, I really like that octagon concept. :jump1:

Same. That sounds really cool.

For the waterfall parts I mentioned quarter tiles, but you could do half, full, two tiles depending on the looks you want to add. Including aiming some at the taller waterfall fence parts. The possibilities are endless.

I like the colour palette shown. Like Heather, I wish the colours in ZT, were more earthen in nature...

As to the hack you mentioned, would it add colours to the in-game choices or change the colour choices completely?

A short train would be excellent. I would want it to have observation cars and an antique engine. Maybe 2 or 3 packs...various styles of engines with complementary observation cars. Once the basic set is created, substitute other graphics. At the Detroit Zoo, one of my fondest memories is riding the zoo train as a child. I've wanted to do a workbench of the Detroit Zoo, like I did of the Toledo Zoo. And now a train to add to it, for this old man would be a dream come true! 😷 (I am smiling behind the mask!)

Particle
54 minutes ago, caddienoah said:

As to the hack you mentioned, would it add colours to the in-game choices or change the colour choices completely?

The game only allows for 24 total color choices.  But it allows you to change any of those 24 to whatever you want.  So for this idea we'd probably replace about 20 of the current 24, because very few of the current palettes fit into the category of muted natural colors.

YoungerPrinceLothric

Here are some more palettes I found online that caught my eye. feel free to use them as inspiration! My most favorite color is teal/turquoise and I just couldn't pass these up.

bfbc132b180a01c54281745ba2cb4c1a.jpg

947059cbc176ef267d001dcd7332b4d7.jpg

3768880a0a855649232cd966d433ee2e.jpg

dc21154082d077d4cc409ff58c3a5e82.jpg

908514ce1ac8d0c4cf36622f60ab67a4.jpg

• Love 1