Particle's Projects

Particle

Particle

Here is 2 sizes, I think I'll keep both, and make them slightly different.  I now need to redo the stands for the smaller ones... shrinking them down they lost a lot of their detail:

maint05.jpg.bc3e2b47fba27f509ecf655c7c251d9b.jpg

some days are so random for me... but I'm sticking to the whole idea of building the set first with mock up pieces so I'm moving on for now.

12 minutes ago, HeatherL said:

I like the silos. Can we see them next to an in-game building to get a better idea of size?  I can't remember the last time I used the water tower, so the size comparison doesn't help me.

oh sorry I missed this post here you go:

maint05.jpg.0ade7332a5ea5379eef33b99fb8a2456.jpg

This is exactly why I'm putting these temporary pieces in here like this is to see how they all go together size wise, and texture wise, and  I'm very happy that I'm not wasting a lot of time on the details until I get that part right.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Those are great, thank you.

Particle

ok so I messed around with this piece for a little while, and I decided I like it best like this. 

maint06.jpg.0c89052c09777e7d256d184ef8168427.jpg

It is set to walkable=1 which is the same as an arch or observation area, so now it looks like the people walk into or through the building.  In this case it is just for the mainenance sheds so no big deal to have people walking through them but in some other situations it will be fun to have the appearance that guests walk through the buildings.  I will make another version with this same roof, but shorter, more like a typical observation area.  That will be a total of 4 observation areas so far for this set.  This tower will probably not look very good on its own but I was thinking about it, and it will most likely be used for the middle part of buildings anyways, so that is acceptable.

• Like 2

YoungerPrinceLothric

will the sides of those buildings have their own textures, or will they be "solid," for lack of a better word?

Particle

They will have textures.  They are a work in progress...  and so is this forklift:

forklift01.jpg.654426411afc5c8d79bf7922ba31eb21.jpg

Like I said, just putting everything into the game to see the size and shape of things, and how they match up.  Then I will do the details on all 4 views of the objects.

Hmmm... looking at this picture makes me think that everything in there should be colorswappable.  :jump1:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

YoungerPrinceLothric

You're right, I apologize. I got a little overexcited there 😅

• Love 1

This modular building set is genuinely gorgeous. I can see it having a multitude of uses from park decoration to animal housing. Incredible work!

• Love 2

Savannahjan

Particle, these new modulars are simply amazing.   Your enthsiasm has really energized this old game.  It is great to see designers collaborating to make new and exciting items for ZT.  Special thanks to JBL and Vondell, you all make an incredible team.  Keep up the great work!

• Love 2

YoungerPrinceLothric
6 hours ago, Savannahjan said:

Your enthsiasm has really energized this old game.

Agreed! Zoo simulation games have certainly evolved since this game, but there's just something about zoo tycoon in particular that keeps me coming back year after year.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Particle

More work in progress, I put all these in game to see how they look and fit, but they are not finished yet.  That barrel is not the one from the game, it is one I did, and it is colorswappable.  I'm not sure how many  of these other things will be colorswappable, if any, because they look ok as they are.  I do really like how they fit together, you can make a nice little stack of goods in many different ways.

maint07.jpg.3b12c48b2aebdf3dd1992aec233b7c05.jpg

For the rest of the evening, I'm going to work on some basic building block buildings in the box style, that I can use for future testing of sets.  Basically at this point I know I want one more size building for this set, in the basic box style, but I'm not sure yet what size will make for some interesting shapes.  Everything so far is 2x2 or 4x4 or 8x8 so I need something odd in there.  Also the next set I do will be the concrete structures so these buildings will be prototypes for that set, and so this is something I've been thinking about doing for a few days now.  Thanks for all the nice compliments tekkies, you know I love zt1 for a million reasons and one of the main reasons is the art style and another is the fact that you can rotate to 4 views,which is not something most isometric games can do...  both of these things make it a real challenge to do art for this game, but I'm having fun and I think I'm getting the hang of it.  :)

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1