Particle's Projects

Particle

Particle

I love it.  Just so you know anytime you want to talk about your projects in my thread, please do, I am honored!

I am also excited for more tank walls!

I have been trying to find time to do an atlan tank/land merge as it currently defaults to the white tank. Also trying to find time to do the solid wall version. Currently if you use the clear walls as a base you get this. Not quite what I had in mind. So I need to alter the graphics. Fun though

1418683057_atlantankproblem.jpg.c9a67f765aec6ceafe505aac1d10daed.jpg

I have an Atlantean tank that is two colours. That was fun to make.

This is one I just made for fun and won't be releasing.

Zoo458.jpg.00adefe5a545eef614c124c1052fff3d.jpg

I also have been playing with some of the tank parts to make new designs for fences. Again it is a time thing.

• Love 1

Particle

OK that is fun.  So the first one is what?  You're doing a solid wall version?  I love that.  Seems like you are close, but still have a few of the animations to replace and you're there?  I actually made my tank blue and grey walls to have solid walls to use with the atlantean wall because that is my favorite tank wall.  But obviously, a fully matching solid atlantean tank wall would be a must have download!

The second one gave me gigglefits.

• Haha 1

Particle, having made a tank you know just how many pieces I need to make to get a solid wall. It is not just 4. :rolllaugh:

The second one I did to see what went where. I did the same with the path pieces. I need to fix the green one.

1800046759_Guesspaths.JPG.a5c28a9010ca1e9c09eceab03db02a58.JPG

For Zoo Walls and Entrance I have in the works a terrain set of fences that are curb wall height. I thought I would do a set for exhibits as well but unbreakable so they could hold t-rex. For the entrance on this I thought I would adapt a couple of ingame trees to give a natural look. Then you could have a wildlife park instead of a zoo.

I also have an idea for a set of tank walls that could be used to create a look like a river bank. Even the ladder will be disguised.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Particle
3 minutes ago, Fern said:

Particle, having made a tank you know just how many pieces I need to make to get a solid wall. It is not just 4. :rolllaugh:

The second one I did to see what went where. I did the same with the path pieces. I need to fix the green one.

Ok that makes sense, and is actually pretty smart.  And yes I do know how confusing the tank walls are.  Nothing is easy when it comes to tank walls.  I guess I would rephrase it to say that looks about half done?

For Zoo Walls and Entrance I have in the works a terrain set of fences that are curb wall height. I thought I would do a set for exhibits as well but unbreakable so they could hold t-rex. For the entrance on this I thought I would adapt a couple of ingame trees to give a natural look. Then you could have a wildlife park instead of a zoo.

I also have an idea for a set of tank walls that could be used to create a look like a river bank. Even the ladder will be disguised.

That is brilliant.  Seriously those ideas will work great.

I was a little surprised at how easy it was to do the map with invisible walls, we had talked about how that might be hard for the player to figure out the edges of the zoo, but actually you just hover something over the edge and the game tells you where you can place it or not, and that pretty much tells you where the wall is.  But, having curbs, or other very short walls, that is very smart.  Also, the zoo entrance that is a pair of trees, with a zoo sign between them, I love that.  That is very creative.  And tank walls that look like a river or lake, the possibilities are mind blowing.  Thanks for sharing those ideas, you have me excited.

I didn't really talk much about my Wildlife Refuge storyline, but I think everyone can sort of guess what I'm going for.  I'll talk more about that later.  I guess the one thing to mention is that the idea of big exhibits, with multiple animals, that excites me.  I just need to figure out how to best do it.

I am tempted to release that semi solid wall as a solid wall just because it is fun. I do have some fun ideas for the white tank walls.

Might not put a sign even on the entrance. Could use a rock.

Particle

What do you mean by could use a rock?  For the sign?  Or the whole entrance?

See I had this idea for an entrance, but now I think it is boring.  Does there need to be a sign?  Nope.  That is just you know, sort of an assumption I made I guess.

21 minutes ago, Particle said:

I was a little surprised at how easy it was to do the map with invisible walls, we had talked about how that might be hard for the player to figure out the edges of the zoo, but actually you just hover something over the edge and the game tells you where you can place it or not, and that pretty much tells you where the wall is.  But, having curbs, or other very short walls, that is very smart.  Also, the zoo entrance that is a pair of trees, with a zoo sign between them, I love that.  That is very creative.  And tank walls that look like a river or lake, the possibilities are mind blowing.  Thanks for sharing those ideas, you have me excited.

The thing I don't like about that invisible wall is that it is just a dot and you have to be so careful placing it so you don't accidentally block something. And then trying to delete one piece is a pain too.

6 minutes ago, Particle said:

What do you mean by could use a rock?  For the sign?  Or the whole entrance?

Maybe a rock sign. Some of the park entrances I saw in the US were like that. I could also do something like have a couple or huge rocks for them to walk through.

I saw you were making differently colored ui's, is it possible you could make a more modern black ui? :)

Particle

The thing I don't like about that invisible wall is that it is just a dot and you have to be so careful placing it so you don't accidentally block something. And then trying to delete one piece is a pain too.

yep i get that, setting up the invisible wall is a little bit hard.

Maybe a rock sign. Some of the park entrances I saw in the US were like that. I could also do something like have a couple or huge rocks for them to walk through.

A rock or a tree that guests could walk through would be a great entrance, and also just awesome for anywhere in the zoo.  Has anyone ever done that?  I don't think I've seen it.

8 minutes ago, Wolverale12 said:

I saw you were making differently colored ui's, is it possible you could make a more modern black ui? :)

I could make a black UI.  The problem is that I just finished the green and purple ones, and that took me a long long long long long long long long time.  My priority when it comes to doing any UI work at this point, will be to just update and improve the green and purple ones.  So as I said before, I'm not going to make any promises for other colors, we'll just have to see what happens!

• Like 1