Hawkkeye´s ´projects´

Hawkkeye666

YoungerPrinceLothric

the other day I reached my mod limit and items started disappearing from the ingame menus so 😬 I have to do a complete overhaul of the mod packs I combined myself and start removing things I know I'm not going to use in my zoos any time soon. That's partly why I haven't been updating with any info on your animals behavior and possible bugs. I got carried away and wasn't paying attention to how much I was shoving into my game and now I'm paying for it lol.

YoungerPrinceLothric

Some reports I have on animals of yours, in case other players interested in adopting the same ones are curious about them (in alphabetical order):

There were no crashes, strange glitches, or bugs found with the following:

Balkan Donkey - excellent breeders but on the slow side, make sure they are placed in an exhibit with ample space, especially when placed with other species. expect lots of fecal matter - I'd suggest installing a hack that lets you delete it yourself because your zoo staff will fall behind and not get to it fast enough and it'll affect their suitability. This isn't a critique of the animal, just something to keep in mind. Will eat a lot and deplete their food supply in the blink of an eye, make sure your zookeepers are around to replenish it. At the time of writing this I have 15.

Barbary Lion  - builds prides slowly (screenshots coming in other threads soon), I'd say about average birth rate. Make the exhibits big enough that they won't complain about space but you don't have to go crazy. At the time of writing this I have 11.

Exmoor Pony - same as BD, keep an eye on them. their 'herds' are rather small. the same thing applies about feeding. At the time of writing this I have 7.

Highland Cattle - same as BD. the same thing applies about feeding. At the time of writing this I have 13.

North Country Mule Sheep - exceptionally good breeders, to the point that I had to start selling the babies after running out of space. Expect to see birthing messages about them every couple minutes. This makes sense for their species but just be mindful about it, don't make tiny exhibits for them especially if you're going to mix them with other species. the same thing applies about eating. At the time of writing this I have 39.

Regaliceratops - they appear to be solitary so if you adopt one or two of them it's likely they'll stay that way. They haven't produced offspring for me yet. At the time of writing this I have 3.

Snow Geese - again, don't make tiny exhibits for these guys. They like to make large flocks but you won't get birthing messages every two minutes. At the time of writing this I have 19.

Steppe Bison - they build their herds slowly but consistently, expect a lot of fecal matter and them depleting their food supply. build medium-to-large exhibits for them, especially when mixing with other species. At the time of writing this I have 10.

Tarpan - about the same characteristics as the steppe bison. At the time of writing this I have 9.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, YoungerPrinceLothric said:

the other day I reached my mod limit and items started disappearing from the ingame menus so 😬 I have to do a complete overhaul of the mod packs I combined myself and start removing things I know I'm not going to use in my zoos any time soon. That's partly why I haven't been updating with any info on your animals behavior and possible bugs. I got carried away and wasn't paying attention to how much I was shoving into my game and now I'm paying for it lol.

It´s too much .ztds limit, or have you encountered that strange (probably) menu limit as I have?

Nice comments btw. I generally just test only small groups of animals.

• Thanks 1

YoungerPrinceLothric
16 hours ago, Hawkkeye666 said:

It´s too much .ztds limit, or have you encountered that strange (probably) menu limit as I have?

items disappearing from the menu because I got too excited testing out too many scenery mods at once and it made things start to disappear 😅

8 hours ago, YoungerPrinceLothric said:

items disappearing from the menu because I got too excited testing out too many scenery mods at once and it made things start to disappear 😅

And haven´t you got the same problem I have, when only few bottom items show up in the menu while others disappear, and menu works (mostly) fine when filters are applied?

YoungerPrinceLothric

no, mine will show some mods but not others and depending on how many mods I have installed, vanilla items may disappear altogether. sometimes an item will show but hovering over it will give no preview information, and when you click on it to purchase you won't get the name of the item. 

On 10/14/2023 at 5:38 PM, YoungerPrinceLothric said:

no, mine will show some mods but not others and depending on how many mods I have installed, vanilla items may disappear altogether. sometimes an item will show but hovering over it will give no preview information, and when you click on it to purchase you won't get the name of the item. 

And would it be possible for you to try more than 1968 items in one menu? This is when I have bug, but everything more or less works when I apply filter. I don´t know whether this is an ingame limit for one menu, or some bug with downloadable items.

YoungerPrinceLothric
14 hours ago, Hawkkeye666 said:

And would it be possible for you to try more than 1968 items in one menu? This is when I have bug, but everything more or less works when I apply filter. I don´t know whether this is an ingame limit for one menu, or some bug with downloadable items.

I will try this tonight and report back with my findings. currently my health has been in pretty bad shape and I've been falling behind on promises I kept to others and I need to catch up.

• Sad 1

Get well soon, Lothric! :beewell:

• Thanks 1