Quetzal's Projects

quetzal

Hawkkeye666
6 hours ago, quetzal said:
Thank you for watching the long video and leaving feedback. And I'm sorry that I can't concentrate on zt projects due to many other busy things recently. 
I thought the only problem was routing to the 'tmp' folder instead of the 'temp' mentioned in your article, so I renamed of the folder to the latter. Then this time, there was a problem that the .ztd file could not be opened in APE. Is this a problem related to the name of the folder?

renamed.png

no screen.png

Yorkshire.ztd 1.55 MB · 2 downloads

Were you renaming .pal files?

They should be named n.pal (except .pal for animations).

And folder yorkshire shouldn´t be there, when you open .ztd, first is folder animals, then animalcode.

But even after correction, it still shows animations like before.

That can mean:

1.) there´s another mistake I cannot find

2.) you renamed/deleted some .pal files after saving in APE

You should not be using APE 2.5 by quivaz. All the old versions of APE cause various problems.

Use this one. http://www.ztcdd.org/DD/DownloadFiles/ZTABC/APExp3-2.zip

Make sure you read the instructions.

Your ztd should be Yorkshire.ztd with an animals folder in it not a yorkshire folder. Also if this is a Yorkshire pig then I would call it YorkshirePig.ztd. Plus add either "byQuetzel" to the name so there cannot be name conflicts later if someone else does one or has done one.

10 hours ago, Fern said:

You should not be using APE 2.5 by quivaz. All the old versions of APE cause various problems.

Use this one. http://www.ztcdd.org/DD/DownloadFiles/ZTABC/APExp3-2.zip

Make sure you read the instructions.

Your ztd should be Yorkshire.ztd with an animals folder in it not a yorkshire folder. Also if this is a Yorkshire pig then I would call it YorkshirePig.ztd. Plus add either "byQuetzel" to the name so there cannot be name conflicts later if someone else does one or has done one.

I didn't notice that there was a Yorkshire folder in .ztd, and it was my mistake. Now that I have eliminated it, I can check out .ztd in APE.
In every process of using APE, I used the one you gave me. But it still hasn't solved the color mess that was the original problem. Since it is a matter of .pal file, I guess the cause occurred during the process of using Blender or GIMP.

YorkshirePigbyQuetzal.ztd

16 hours ago, Hawkkeye666 said:

Were you renaming .pal files?

They should be named n.pal (except .pal for animations).

And folder yorkshire shouldn´t be there, when you open .ztd, first is folder animals, then animalcode.

But even after correction, it still shows animations like before.

That can mean:

1.) there´s another mistake I cannot find

2.) you renamed/deleted some .pal files after saving in APE

Is there any reason to change the name of .pal files? I've seen many .ztds using 'm.pal' and 'y.pal' as they are.

Hawkkeye666
1 hour ago, quetzal said:
Is there any reason to change the name of .pal files? I've seen many .ztds using 'm.pal' and 'y.pal' as they are.

y.pal and m.pal should be named as they are.

But I think that .pal files in other folders are named wrong, they are always named n.pal. At least this is how my APE name them.

But the issue persists even after renaming .pal files.

I really do not know where is the problem, at least for now.

7 minutes ago, Hawkkeye666 said:

y.pal and m.pal should be named as they are.

But I think that .pal files in other folders are named wrong, they are always named n.pal. At least this is how my APE name them.

But the issue persists even after renaming .pal files.

I really do not know where is the problem, at least for now.

While testing with files you created, I found the same problem when I changed the code of animals in .ztd (ex. 6B8B3033 -> meerkat) and opened the file with APE.
I'm not sure, but I think using the code generated when I first created .ztd with APE might solve the problem. And for now, this will be the last solution.
I will test this plan tomorrow. I hope things go well.

From Jay: There are multiple problems. It does have a LCID problem. LCID is set to 1033, but there is no [1033] section. The checker shows that problem. Also, it has a [1042] section, but that has information for the African Warthog instead of for a Yorkshire Pig. 1042.txt also has information for the African Warthog instead of for a Yorkshire Pig.

ZT Studio was not used correctly, although I do not have any experience with ZT Studio to say how to use it correctly. ZT image files have a link inside of them that say which ".pal" file to use. ZT image files have to be created with tools such as APE, APExp, Zoot, or ZT Studio. Unlike APE, APExp, and Zoot, ZT Studio has the capability to use a single ".pal" file for multiple ZT image files. That is a good thing. But however ZT Studio was used, it did not create those ".pal" file links correctly. For example, the adult ZT image files contain "m.pal" for the link instead of "animals/yorksh/m/m.pal" and the young ZT image files contain "y.pal" for the link instead of "animals/yorksh/y/y.pal". There are other problems as well. icwartho.ani has "dir1 =ADEC103D" instead of "dir1=yorksh" and the ".pal" file link inside its ZT image uses "ADEC103D" instead of "yorksh". Also, most likely this is an image of the African warthog instead of an image of the Yorkshire Pig. These same problems are also in lsmwarth and plwartho.

In addition to problems, there are also inefficiencies. For example, the ".wav" files can be deleted from the ".ztd" since the ".uca" links directly to ZT's warthog sounds.

1 hour ago, Fern said:

From Jay: There are multiple problems. It does have a LCID problem. LCID is set to 1033, but there is no [1033] section. The checker shows that problem. Also, it has a [1042] section, but that has information for the African Warthog instead of for a Yorkshire Pig. 1042.txt also has information for the African Warthog instead of for a Yorkshire Pig.

ZT Studio was not used correctly, although I do not have any experience with ZT Studio to say how to use it correctly. ZT image files have a link inside of them that say which ".pal" file to use. ZT image files have to be created with tools such as APE, APExp, Zoot, or ZT Studio. Unlike APE, APExp, and Zoot, ZT Studio has the capability to use a single ".pal" file for multiple ZT image files. That is a good thing. But however ZT Studio was used, it did not create those ".pal" file links correctly. For example, the adult ZT image files contain "m.pal" for the link instead of "animals/yorksh/m/m.pal" and the young ZT image files contain "y.pal" for the link instead of "animals/yorksh/y/y.pal". There are other problems as well. icwartho.ani has "dir1 =ADEC103D" instead of "dir1=yorksh" and the ".pal" file link inside its ZT image uses "ADEC103D" instead of "yorksh". Also, most likely this is an image of the African warthog instead of an image of the Yorkshire Pig. These same problems are also in lsmwarth and plwartho.

In addition to problems, there are also inefficiencies. For example, the ".wav" files can be deleted from the ".ztd" since the ".uca" links directly to ZT's warthog sounds.

Problems with icwartho, ismwart, and plwartho have been resolved now. I used the code generated when I created .ztd with APE, and the resulting icons and plaques are now displayed properly in APE.(Yes, I haven't changed the picture of the warthog to that of the Yorkshire pig yet.)

Do you know how to create the correct link to the .pal file in ZT Studio? I don't know anything about it because I don't remember seeing anything related to it in HENDRIX's video.

Neither Jay or I use ZT Studio so can't help with that. There are some here that use it and Jeff created it. Jay just knows how to read the ztd files and codes.

Have you fixed the LCID stuff in the uca and the txt file? LCID is a game crasher in some games if not fixed - depends what country you are in and what file language setting your game has.

13 minutes ago, Fern said:

Neither Jay or I use ZT Studio so can't help with that. There are some here that use it and Jeff created it. Jay just knows how to read the ztd files and codes.

Have you fixed the LCID stuff in the uca and the txt file? LCID is a game crasher in some games if not fixed - depends what country you are in and what file language setting your game has.

I'm gonna have to look for someone who knows how to handle ZT studios...

And I changed all the parts written 1042 to 1033.