Automatic Sprite Rendering

HENDRIX

HENDRIX
46 minutes ago, Yellowrose said:

Hendrix did you ever get your ZT 1 running again?? if not and it still crashes after the bf cinematic open your ZT directory and check the properties for your dlupdate folder and see how many files you have in it you can only have a max of 320 I believe it is so if you have more then that that is what is causing it to crash to the destop.

I wanted to check out some stuff I had on an old hard drive and forgot about the ZT file limit and had over 350 files in my dlupdate folder and it crashed to the desktop right after cinimatic so that could be your issue. If not then I am at a loss as to what is causing it.

Thanks for the help, but I've already reinstalled ZT1 so my downloads folders are as empty as can be... Still getting a white screen after the cinematics. :(

only thing I can think of is not all the files installed from your backup you might have to look for a deal on a ZT 1 CD

From Jay: A lot of people have had problems concerning the 2 videos that ZT plays when it starts. So I always recommend to disable them. That is done by changing "playMovie=1" to "playMovie=0" and "playSecondMovie=1" to "playSecondMovie=0" in the zoo.ini file. It can be changed with WordPad. The zoo.ini file should always be backed up somewhere outside of ZT folders before changing it.

HENDRIX

It's the same disc image I used to install it when it was still working, as my notebook has no physical CD drive.

Still nothing... :(

• 7 months later...
HENDRIX

Just a small FYI, I have created an experimental version of my sprite renderer for blender 2.8. It uses the cycles engine and seems to be considerably slower than the old version. Perhaps it could be made faster by tweaking some settings... 2.8's new eevee engine misses essential features for the script. In any case unless you're a 2.8 diehard you should stick with 2.79 for a while.

New version for blender 2.8 (not recommended and not properly tested): https://github.com/HENDRIX-ZT2/ZT1-Sprites/tree/blender2.80

The old version for blender 2.79 is still here: https://github.com/HENDRIX-ZT2/ZT1-Sprites/tree/master

• Love 2

Khaydar

Did you updated the bfb import script? After my blender reinstallation all models are distorded when I add animations, even the original blue fang ones, checked twice if I were importing the right animations. I'm currently using blender 2.79. I'm almost sure it's not the models, since even those that worked in the past are distorded.

HENDRIX

Hmm, not that I know of. All animations should import perfectly with the latest scripts. I will check later with 2.79 and latest scripts from github.

HENDRIX

@Khaydar I just tried BFB and BF import in 2.79 with latest scripts from github and it worked flawlessly - no distortions. Mind you if you have saved blend files long ago and now try to import fresh animations for these, you may get distortions. Also, if you're importing NIFs you have to be extra careful to set the bone orientation correctly.

Khaydar

Might do with my script installation then, I've loaded old saved bfb files and they work flawlessly when I add animations. I also tryed old versions of your script and still got the same problem. I usually go to user preferences -> addons -> add from file-> select file -> save.

HENDRIX

Hmmm. Could you send me a blend file with such messed up anims?

Perhaps manually remove the old scripts from:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons