Khaydar's Projects

Guest Khaydar

Khaydar Your English is good I am just trying to assess how best to approach helping you.

Jane I don't make animals either and it takes me ages to fix them.

Each warning relates to a different problem but the two that worry about most are

*** Warning: cHabitatSize is not set to 100. This should always be 100 and that is one that Jay fixed in the update.
*** Warning: uca/ai file contains 'fPlay()'. I suspect this will mean the animal would want a toy but will never use one anyway. But I could be wrong on that.

There is a list of what they all mean somewhere over at DD but I can never find it when I want it.

The other two lines in some files oten relate to included sound files and lines that when edited properly can reduce the file size by a lot.

Some warnings might mean you never reach 100%

Errors are the big ones to watch for since they might crash a game at some point when the animal tries to do something it shouldn't.

The checker only picked up what was known at the time it was created and more has been learned since then.

There are also some the checker does not pick up like the fact that williams birds will crash games.

Krimmsums ZA animals will never be happy but the checker did not know to look for that problem either.

Khaydar

@Fern French is my main language, and yes I have looked to both tutorials, had to big trouble understanding it. I Know APE causes some lines to duplicate and [] to appear. I use APE to make zoopedias because due a bug the english description is put on the French one (have a 1036 file instead of 1033) and yet my game is in english.

Khaydar

@Jane I use Hendrix's video tutorial to import models, if that can help you.

LOL I know that feeling. It is not a bug. My one always uses 5129 for New Zealand English. If you would in the UK you would get a different one. Germany would give you 1031. Unfortunately Blue Fang set it to use your countries language code, which means every country has a different code. And yes that can be changed by ediiting manually. I do it all the time

Jane using the updated ape will avoid problems but will not help you fix ones that were created by the old versions. You would need to work with jordan's or sundances ZKL guide.

Have found the list. It is here: http://www.ztcdd.org/DD/index.php?topic=9318.0

Khaydar here is what 2 of those warnings mean I was wrong about one.

*** Warning: uca/ai file contains the word 'Undefined'.
This means that some behaviors for the animal are not configured when they should be, so the animal might stay still more often than they should, especially the females and young.

*** Warning: uca/ai file contains 'fPlay()'.
This means that some behaviors for the animal are not configured when they should be, so the animal might stay still more often than they should.

The turtle looks nice ingame but it did not reproduce for me.

Looking at the file the id is not an APE generated one which means it started either in Zoot or in ZT Studio. If you are going to create your own id it would be best to use a 6 figure one.....less chance of a conflict that way. Either way the editing should not have been in APE.

I might have a look at it tomorrow and see what I can do.

Do you have notepad? That is what you use to edit the uca and the txt in.

Khaydar

@Jane It's here at TEK: 

The video is the tutorial.

@Fern I  used APE to create the ztd file, i usually rename the uca as Hendrix did in his tutorial, also I realised that my false killer whale had the same problem than the turtle.

I have modified the uca and remplaced the behaviour lines, now there's no problem when I run ucachecker.

Also New Release: Ocean Sunfish

EwkYRb8.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1

If it can be of any help I can share my "working" routine on ztd files (or sort of.. :Bsmile6:).
1- Create base .ztd file with base edits (money, social yes/no, shelter yes/no) in APE
2- Make animations for M/F/Y with Blender
3- Replace animations in base extracted .ztd. Repackage it. (I call this _MFY version)
4- Make Icon and Plaque. Open repackeged (_MFY) .ztd in APE and replace them from the main page. Save the ztd as a NEW ztd (I call this _v0 version).

From this point on I do not use again APE because it will mess up the .uca
5- Revise .uca to change habitat, location, terrain, foliage, adjust animations settings, add custom sounds, etc.. without opening ever again APE. For this I have an excel with all sorts of code-values of the most-edited fields in the uca file that I would be needed.

6- Run ucachecker on the .uca file. The downloadable exe version is 16bit so in a 64bit computer can't run, but if you need I can share my recompiled version in 32bit.

For custom ID I prefer to maintain APE's generated one, but I found that when it generates an ID with only numbers it is better to replace it with a custom 8-letters string.

Khaydar

@MasterLeopard Wow, thanks I can't way to see some pictures.

@Borsato I often finished with the zoopedia on APE which explains the undesirable bugs

20 hours ago, Fern said:

I had to go and look. It is in the Galapogus Pack he did.

Sorry, Fern, but I cannot find location of Galapagos Pack.  Please help. Thanks!