Khaydar's Projects

Guest Khaydar

2 hours ago, fountain said:

I put the Nature ZT mega hack in &, following instructions, put the ztds into the dupdate folder & lang dll into the main ZT folder.  Nothing worked. A grey box for Taz's harbor porpoise & no animal.  I did not put all the ztds in because I was not going to do the DD animals.  Any ideas? Thanks.

Are you using LangZA03.dll?  If so, you shouldn't use the langdallporpos.dll as the lang files were added to the combined langZA03 file.

Having duplicated .dll's can cause a lot of problems, so I always check all of the combined lang files before deciding if I want to use a .dll that only does one thing.  I keep a text list in each lang folder so it's easy to keep track of what lang files are included.  If the file is updated, I update the list.

Put the ccporpos.ztd and the hporpoise.ztd in the Dlupdate folder.

I don't use all of the included hacks either.  Besides the porpoises, just the 2 elephants, anteater, and the saltwater croc. 

Also, I've never tried the Harbor Porpoise without using the renamed Dall's Porpoise, so it may be that they have to be used together.

I hope this helps.  :doggyhug2:

• Thanks 1

I totally forgot to check the LangZA03.dll list first. Thanks.

22 hours ago, HeatherL said:

Are you using LangZA03.dll?  If so, you shouldn't use the langdallporpos.dll as the lang files were added to the combined langZA03 file.

Having duplicated .dll's can cause a lot of problems, so I always check all of the combined lang files before deciding if I want to use a .dll that only does one thing.  I keep a text list in each lang folder so it's easy to keep track of what lang files are included.  If the file is updated, I update the list.

That is not true. It only causes problems if the messages are different in the single dll and the combined. Some of the earliest buildings used ids that were later used by BF in an expansion so I think that one ended up with a building that was called a "electric fence" or something. The main reason for removing single dlls and using combined ones is because there is a limited number that can be used ingame.  Far less than ztd files.

Thanks for the clarification, Fern.  :-)

Khaydar

New Release: Leatherback Turtle

5mwMaEa.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Nice job! Downloaded with no problem.

When will your animals be here at Tek?

Hawkkeye666

Terrific looking, I can find no bugs.

Another animal that ZT 1 needed desperately needed...:) Turtles are very unused animals in zoo tycoon, like dolphins, pigs, monkeys or crocodiles, and there are so many good looking big species amongst them.

The only thing which might be improved is its food. Leatherback sea turtles are nearly complete carnivores. They sustain themselves on jellyfish, but this type of food is not in zt 1 (import from zt 2 wouldn´t be possible? This food could be reused in future for animals like sunfish or seven-arms octopus), but they also eat soft bodied crustaceans, salps, moluscs and fish. So, I think fish would be best option, from the types of food available now.

And maybe two babies? They lay large quantities of eggs, 80 percent of them viable.

Sources: Wikipedia, https://msu.edu/~bondemil/turtle.htm

And leatherback sea turtles are 100 percent compatible with green sea turtles.

Khaydar

@caddienoah It's easier for me to modify files on my drive. I don't see the advantages of uploading on Tek.( for now).

@Hawkkeye666 Small fishes seems better as food indeed, as for babies turtles only a few are supposed to reach adulthood. My new animal is taking a bit longer because I tried to import a few things like a blue whale but it didn't work.

Next animal is the ocean sunfish by the way.

Someone besides me wants a Blue-footed Booby!   :love6:

• Love 1