Khaydar's Projects

Guest Khaydar

From Jay in a pm to me at DD:

I read the Phoenix topic from page 10 through the end. Borsato's approach sounds okay, especially the point about not using APE to make changes later. I would use APExp 3.2 instead of APE to get the base. Then I would use Zoot for the icons and plaque, since APE and APExp make slightly oversized purchase menu icons and does not do animal list icons in the same way as in-game animals. Although I do not have experience with ZT Studio, that is probably a good tool to add animal animations because it has the ability to use a lot less ".pal" files. As for an ID, I would use one that is 8 characters or less, but would have the last 2 characters be the chosen 2 character initials for the designer. To make changes to the ".uca", it is best to use WordPad rather than APE, APExp, or Notepad. I refer to the Uca Editing Guide that is at ZKL when I make changes to the ".uca". Borsato mentioned that the original uca checker exe does not run on 64-bit computers. But I added a post at ZKL last month with a version that does run on 64-bit computers. I use both checkuca and uca2post to check the uca. Of course, you were correct that the checkers do not check for everything.

Khaydar

@FernI've solved the animation problem however when I run checkuca, a error shows up about LCID not existing. Do you know how to fix that?

Thank you, Fern. I used to have that pack but seem to have lost in the past couple years.

12 hours ago, Fern said:

Sorry Fountain it was released at abc. So it will be avaiable again at some point.

4 hours ago, Khaydar said:

@FernI've solved the animation problem however when I run checkuca, a error shows up about LCID not existing. Do you know how to fix that?

For this type of error it means that a defaultLCID has been defined, but the same LCID in a section is not in the .uca.

So... you have to check two things (if I remember correctly):

1) in your .uca should be this line:
[defaultLCID]
LCID = 1033

2) there should be also this section
[1033]
cGeneralInfoFileName = animals/012456AF/texts/1033.txt
cLongHelp = Adopt a XYZ. XYZ like to live in W habitati. XYZ enjoys H tree.
cName = XYZ
cTheString = the XYZ

where 012456AF is your animal's id. XYZ is the animal's name.

13 hours ago, Khaydar said:

8 hours ago, Borsato said:

For this type of error it means that a defaultLCID has been defined, but the same LCID in a section is not in the .uca.

So... you have to check two things (if I remember correctly):

1) in your .uca should be this line:
[defaultLCID]
LCID = 1033

2) there should be also this section
[1033]
cGeneralInfoFileName = animals/012456AF/texts/1033.txt
cLongHelp = Adopt a XYZ. XYZ like to live in W habitati. XYZ enjoys H tree.
cName = XYZ
cTheString = the XYZ

where 012456AF is your animal's id. XYZ is the animal's name.

What this usuallly means is that the default LCID does not match the bottom two. The top one is set by the language code of your country whereas the others are set by what you choose in APE. 

So you need to change that top one in WordPad to match the bottom two.

If there is more than one of that second set you should delete them.

Khaydar

I ran Checkuca and got no errors at all, thanks to Borsato and Fern. I uploaded the new error free versions to my drive.

Also here's some reward

oKrryXF.png

I'm still working on it, should be ready soon.

• Like 1

ZooGrammy

I wish all the marine life we have would have a little more color; so we could see them underwater better. 

• Like 1

Khaydar

@ZooGrammy Marine mania uses a blue filter when the animal is underwater, thus making every animal bluish.

@MasterLeopard Weird, I used tuna as base and didn't touched compatibily settings, so it should be compatible with tuna

• Like 1