• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jordan

• genkicoll

• Professor Paul

• pukkie

Luke

Pukkie if I remember correctly an orang pendek is a creature that locals in Borneo believe live up in the hills - they're like orang utans but walk upright like men. I thought there was already one made but if Jordan was to make one he'd do it the same way as the grogoch; by using the baby bigfoot.

Professor Paul

Orang Pendek

I think if you could isolate the erect standing animations for the chimp that may work better.I've seen it done to create an Australopithecus.

Jordan

Okay Campers, today was my last day of school so I can get to work on my immense pile of requests now! I seem to remember an orang pendek as well, but I could just be making things up. I'll try the bigfoot and the chimp and see what looks better.

Luke

Lol see I knew I wasn't crazy there was an orang pendek - well almost, certainly, possibly, definately, probably.... I suppose the chimp would work well but surely isolating all the standing animations and getting rid of the rest would leave you with precious little?

Well good luck with your projects Jordan but please don't let all these requests take over your vacation - well not completely!

Professor Paul

It's surprising just how many animations there were for a standing chimp.They're quite jolly little chaps,I wish I still had that Australopithecus.

I'd suggest you give it the same preferences as the orang utan.You could,if you wished,use either the chimp or young bigfoot for the orang pendek,& whichever you dont use for that for the Ebu Gogo.

Jordan

From the descriptions I am thinking the bigfoot for the orang pendek and the chimp for the Ebu Gogo. There are actually quite a few standing chimp animations so it should work out.

genkicoll

No no no, the Orang Pendek needs to be based on the orangutan ;)

The Orang Pendek is a cryptid that reportedly inhabits remote, mountainous forests on the island of Sumatra. The animal has allegedly been seen and documented for at least one hundred years by forest tribes, local villagers, Dutch colonists, and Western scientists and travelers. Consensus among witnesses is that the animal is a ground-dwelling, bipedal primate that is covered in short fur and stands between 80cm and 150cm tall.

We tried and tried to put this together a couple of years ago, Jordan, but I was having so much trouble that you had to give up.

Jordan

Yes, I suppose I could do that... The only thing is that the orangutan doesn't show up in APE! Even with APE 3.0. Strangely it is the only animal that won't show up. Perhaps Ghirin knows a way around this.