My works on lacking stuff...

Zarawatto

That looks great! I've thought about a beaver lodge for a while now ever since I've read Vondell's post about it. Would one be placeable on water and can animals swim up to it to enter? That would be cool!

• Like 2

I hope that is not the actual size.

There is an id that might be suitable but it does need a dll update. Plus I need to find out which dll it came from originally.

Burrow Complex
bldgburrow complex.cfg
8900, "Burrow Complex"
8901, "Burrow complex. Small animals that live in large groups will enjoy the burrow complex."
38900, is available.
63900, "the Burrow Complex"

Zarawatto

Hawkkeye & I thought it a good idea about making the shelter the size of one square... Is already water & land placeable as well and has entrances in the four sides... We did it so because there will be more beaver wood items so you can build a whole dam 🌳🌳

• Like 1

LapisLazuli77

Maybe there's different sizes of the main shelter, like 1x1, 1x2, 2x2, like the other shelters in the game? It's a good call to make other beaver wood dam stuff tho rather than make the shelter itself one giant thing yeah

• Like 2

YoungerPrinceLothric
5 hours ago, Zarawatto said:

We did it so because there will be more beaver wood items so you can build a whole dam

love love love this idea

I can’t wait to see it in action!

12 hours ago, Zarawatto said:

Hawkkeye & I thought it a good idea about making the shelter the size of one square... Is already water & land placeable as well and has entrances in the four sides... We did it so because there will be more beaver wood items so you can build a whole dam 🌳🌳

Not a good idea as you will get trapped animals as SavannahJan will confirm. Just do the one entrance and then do some scenery versions that can be used for the add ons. That way you also won't get animals complaining about "too many shelters" either. Also before releasing it can you please send it to me so I can check the configuring.

• Like 2

Zarawatto

Welp, this is what I know so far... It seems that Tyrannoes are not centered because I loaded the graphics in zoot without cropping them before... So, I'm reworking them with an autocrop feature and after that I'm converting them to indexed... For some reason, cropping an indexed pic is as slow as a river of mud... So I crop them before turning them to indexed, which gave me the oportunity to rework their texture in the process, which is curiously even faster than only converting to indexed the whole graphic... After several fail tests, these are some results by now:

Argentavis

Spoiler

Current:

SE0001.png.091bcf5db3f27de5173b9b605f4e6cbf.png

New:

SE0001.png.1c37ce3dcdf66de1abecad2a8103dae6.png

Cuban Giant Owl

Spoiler

Current:

SE0001.png.5dde9bae3cce01664e8dc8a343b219fe.png

New:

SE0001.png.6d59f40b815767b62a237b12861a7ac4.png

Titanis

Spoiler

Current:

SE0001.png.58a9c724dc327b810d1ab72c5bd6e877.png

New:

SE0001.png.220821bc59fe9627442fad49ab707b40.png

So... What is next? Now I gotta load these new graphics in Zoot... It should be now possible to recover the animal shadows and the center position of the icon and arrow at the same time... The only con is that I gotta fix every frame rotation... At least I'm saving time with the cropping step, because rotations are not hard but will definitively slow down all my projects

Every UFO animal will have its rework! 

• Like 1

Nice! Will be interesting to see how many kilobytes you'll be saving too :tongue: Actually I have zero idea if Zoot keeps any color data outside of what's already within frame so that's probably a silly statement.

I noticed the Cuban Giant Owl looks brighter in color too. Are you doing graphics updates as well?

• Like 1

LapisLazuli77

Oh WOW yeah this'll definitely cut down on space

I didn't even notice anything off or wrong with the textures but Argentavis specifically is a big straight upgrade.

• Like 1