My works on lacking stuff...

Zarawatto

On 11/18/2022 at 5:48 PM, Zarawatto said:

Animation issues is one of the main reasons for me to configure them myself 😹😹 And about terror birbs, I initially thought to make Brontornis compatible with Borsato's Thylacosmilus and Llallawavis with Doedicurus sounds good, but it would be also accutate to make them share exhibit with your Glyptodon or any other of the "old armadilloes" from your packs 🤔🤔

But, honestly, if you've already created them, I have no trouble about changing them for another animals as mine are just an idea and aren't developed yet... That gives users a wide number of animals to choose instead of picking one or another version... This also avoid any possibility of anyone discussing which one would be better... That's not what I would like to see in community with our works 🙀🙀 No one is better, ours are just different modding ways ♡♡

I´d prefer that too (because I think it´s better to have many animals for ZT, than many vesions of one animal), but I´ve also made some animals that someone else made before me, for example common and golden pheasant. So I do not mind if others do versions of animals I´ve made.

I was thinking about similar compatibilities, but with my armadillos, there are many other animals compatible that would be a prey for large phorusrhacids, and thylacosmilus is a large carnivore, so I think in reality it wouldn´t be possible to keep them together.

My compatibility for them isn´t that better, I only chose kelenken because many current birds of prey can be kept together in aviaries, and doedicurus because it is so big and armoured it wouldn´t be considered a prey by small llalawis.

• 2 weeks later...
Khaydar

I have a suggestion for your plaques: Using Blender's render with a background. Said background could be the blank animal plates you can find in Tek's designer ressources or any other picture. There's a link below of a tutorial. I haven't used yet, but from personal experience with other software it's probably the best option, in fact I suspect this is how the vanilla animal plaques were made in the first place. Unlike AI generated art, you will have a plaque matching the animal model seen in the game. Oh and the cherry on top of the cake, you can use the game animations to give your animals the pose you want and change camera angles.

• Like 1

Zarawatto
9 minutes ago, Khaydar said:

I have a suggestion for your plaques: Using Blender's render with a background. Said background could be the blank animal plates you can find in Tek's designer ressources or any other picture. There's a link below of a tutorial. I haven't used yet, but from personal experience with other software it's probably the best option, in fact I suspect this is how the vanilla animal plaques were made in the first place. Unlike AI generated art, you will have a plaque matching the animal model seen in the game. Oh and the cherry on top of the cake, you can use the game animations to give your animals the pose you want and change camera angles.

Thanks for the advice! I actually used Blender for the generation of plaques for the Extinct Amphibians pack... But I firstly modified the pose, toke a single frame render AND ONLY THEN changed the bg in BIMP 😹😹 I'll try this other method instead, it sure saves lots of time and patience

Khaydar

That what I did so far for my animals, however the shadows and lights always feel wrong, and then there's the possible mistakes when editing everything.

Zarawatto
27 minutes ago, Khaydar said:

That what I did so far for my animals, however the shadows and lights always feel wrong, and then there's the possible mistakes when editing everything.

I didn't notice the light issues as all plaques for amphibians are underwater... Sure for pure land animals I gotta try the new method 🤔🤔

• 2 weeks later...
Zarawatto

I'm sorry for this long absence! My laptop is going slower everyday! Now, it takes about ten minutes to start and another ten to run Blender... And not to say the time it spends rendring 😵😵 I know it is an old device, but I toke advantage as much as it was possible for it... I'm planning on getting a new one, but also I'm moving from my city when the new year comes, so It will take a bit longer than expected... Then, SharkPack won't come for this Xmas as initially intended 😿😿 If everything goes smooth like butter, I'll restart works (again) for mid-january... Delaying the shark pack for Valentine's Day 🖤🖤 Stay tuned for further news on these projects!

Keep having a nice holidays 🎄🎄

Khaydar

December is usually the month of inactivity amongs fandom. Your pc slowing down could be caused by old drivers or HDD being saturated, a good old

defragmentation could fix it.

• 1 month later...
Zarawatto
2 hours ago, Luz21 said:

Brontornis oh yeah!!!!

Hmm some personal additions

- Cronopio

- Megalania a extinct version of the modern day Komodo dragon (compatible with Borsato’s Diprotodon) 

- Hylonomus

- Petrolacosaurus (compatible with Proterogyrinus and Khaydar’s Arthropleura 

- Laganosuchus

- Longisquama

I'm aware there is this Platybelodon model and Kaprosuchus model also a Procoptodon model at ZT2Li

B592AC22-0CE8-47E9-9CFA-37959C832DBC.png

382E0907-DBF0-4B8E-8D2B-9AC18D5A6AA3.png

5D6296F8-7136-4ECC-B1A1-FE96A253E4CF.png

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not working on Brontornis and actually I'm not developing anything at all yet... I expect to restart Shark pack in a couple of weeks when I fully moved to my new city and got a new PC 😿😿 Until then, works are halted and gathering dust & rust 

But be sure that I read all of your suggestions! There will be a comeback full of surprises later when everything goes set up successfully! 😸😸

• Love 1

52 minutes ago, FuzzyPickles42 said:

Is there a way to follow posts so you're notified when they get updates? I want to keep up with your progress!

Scroll up to the top of this topic and you will see the Heading "My works on lacking stuff..." Look to the right and you will see the word "Follow" Click on that and choose what method you want from the list.