My works on lacking stuff...

Zarawatto

Zarawatto

I decided to upgrade the bet and set the goals higher!! So, let me introduce you to the "Ancient Mexico Natural Icons" project, which includes the following:

Spoiler

Five new foliage items:

- CocoaNEIc.png.b5aea9bce71492ddf8931ca7f2d2ff5b.png Cocoa Tree (Theobroma cacao).

- VOTneIc.png.bdbb342d3de4d781a06165dd75686eac.png Vanilla Orchid Tree (Vanilla planifolia).

- CSMneIc.png.882120352661ce8cef4e4a386c36740e.png Corn Smut Maize (Ustilago maydis).

- Amaranth & Marigold flowerbed (Decorative, no icon yet).

- Tomato & Jalapeño Orchard (Water placeable, no icon yet).

Five new animals:

- iconbg.png.20fee69f35b79747096be9002d205e87.png Xoloitzcuintle.

Mammal, deciduous  forest. Meant to be compatible with Hawkkeye's Virginia Opossum.

Reptile, desert. Meant to be compatible with Hawkkeye's Desert Pack Animals.

Bird, rainforest. 

- Not sure what the fifth might be. I'm tempted to do an aquatic one, but this depends on some issues I have with Blender.

And what are those issues? I have trouble configuring Blender properly. Latest version of NifTools loads well with latest version of Blender, but Hendrix's BFB & ZT1 Render scripts do not. Previous version of Blender do so, but NifTools doesn't seem to be retrocompatible.

I don't know if this is allowed, but as I can't load animations yet, I made some prototypes of my animals using UCAs based on public domain stuff and just made modifications😿😿 If some of you'd like to teach me how to fix and run Blender, I may import the animations and get my own stuff. Please! I read your advices!

Have a nice day 😸😸

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Hawkkeye666

Here in this thread, there´s a video made by Hendrix that explain quite a lot if you want  to start making your own animals for ZT1 with Blender and Hendrix´s script (I do not remember on which page): 

If you have any specific questions, you can ask me (and if I am not able to answer, you can try to ask Mjamannella, he´s made his own animals for ZT2, so he´s probably better with Blender than me, if he doesn´t use different software).

Really excited about your new animal compatible with my opossum, I didn´t find anything suitable to share exhibit with them.

• Thanks 1

Zarawatto

Thanks! I'm still studying that thread, but everytime I try to enable the Nif Addon I get this message

Spoiler

image.png.542a3bb11d553883f9180d5e473e43e1.png

:c

The others run good!

Hawkkeye666
3 hours ago, Zarawatto said:

Thanks! I'm still studying that thread, but everytime I try to enable the Nif Addon I get this message

Hide contents

image.png.542a3bb11d553883f9180d5e473e43e1.png

:c

The others run good!

I think I had that message too, when I started - I wasn´t able to convert .nif files for a long time because of it. It should mean that your addon version doesn´t match your blender version.

Zarawatto

I'm still wondering how to fix that... 

New items:

Spoiler

image.png.97e0289f0c8796a21ff132245969d868.png Dragon Fruit Cactus Flowerbed (Exhibit neutral, decorative).

image.png.d246695803fc2a98b94fb0315544331f.png Tomato & Jalapeño Chinampa (Exhibit neutral, water placeable).

I'm ready to start working on animals... I expect it doesn't take too long to configure it 🙀🙀

• Like 1

Hawkkeye666
1 hour ago, Zarawatto said:

I'm still wondering how to fix that... 

New items:

Hide contents

image.png.97e0289f0c8796a21ff132245969d868.png Dragon Fruit Cactus Flowerbed (Exhibit neutral, decorative).

image.png.d246695803fc2a98b94fb0315544331f.png Tomato & Jalapeño Chinampa (Exhibit neutral, water placeable).

I'm ready to start working on animals... I expect it doesn't take too long to configure it 🙀🙀

Just install/reinstall correct version of addon and/or blender. Certain versions of addon work only for certain versions of blender. 

Zarawatto

Now, I have a messy folder full of downloadables, executables & unzipables 🙀🙀 It took me a while making the versions match, but I made it run! Second animal half done:

Spoiler

Crota.png.26f6b87620480f01326e8cbf5a110343.png Western Diamondback Rattlesnake (Crotalus atrox) Meant to be compatible with Hawkkeye's Desert Animals Pack unless better suggestions stated.

I still have much to learn about Blender basic features... Some animations aren't working as expected... I don't know if I may fix them 🤔🤔

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Hawkkeye666
12 hours ago, Zarawatto said:

Now, I have a messy folder full of downloadables, executables & unzipables 🙀🙀 It took me a while making the versions match, but I made it run! Second animal half done:

Hide contents

Crota.png.26f6b87620480f01326e8cbf5a110343.png Western Diamondback Rattlesnake (Crotalus atrox) Meant to be compatible with Hawkkeye's Desert Animals Pack unless better suggestions stated.

I still have much to learn about Blender basic features... Some animations aren't working as expected... I don't know if I may fix them 🤔🤔

Yep, I have similar folder. About 4 gigabytes, to be correct.

Some animations don´t work or distort some animals. Some animals use usermade animations. Open .bfm file in animal folder in some text editor and you can see which animations they use.

Zarawatto

Test is done! Western Diamondback Rattlesnake is fully compatible with Hawkkeye's Desert Pack!

Spoiler

Zoo063.jpg.1a4825ff0d1623365bdccd3e4a1b4efe.jpg

Spoiler

Zoo062.jpg.eebe64173983a08fd6706a7a56bd3f48.jpg

I just have to fix some issues with animations that lose pixels due to palettes... Also, walking animations are too slow, but these points are few fixes needed... 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Zarawatto

Third animal half done! 

Spoiler

image.png.c3df908656d0e49fd6f3d2445962e6ea.png Cacomistle, a.k.a. Southern Ringtail Cat (Bassariscus sumichrasti). Meant to be compatible with Hawkkeye's Virginia Opossum.

This texture wasn't imported properly, so I'm still fixing it... 

• Like 1
  • Love 2