Goosifer's [Normal] Projects

Goosifer

Colors are a little closer to the arch. Added some vines. Removed the rock. Experimenting with animated bubbles instead of waterfalls.

spire_prog7.jpg

Edit: What it could potentially look like in-game:

superimposed2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 4

Z.Z.

Oh that looks awesome, you basically did the things I was going to suggest.

I do think it would be better with falling water though, but rather than a wide path of falling water like your previous iterations, perhaps a trickle down four sides coming from the bottom of the top tower, it would be much easier to animate, and you could use a trickle sound as opposed to a splooshing sound like the in game waterfalls, and you wouldnt have to add impact mist when it hits the pool.

Zarawatto

My new version of peryton is definitively gonna like this

• Like 1

Looks very Atlantean. Good job. :goldstar:

YoungerPrinceLothric
2 hours ago, Z.Z. said:

perhaps a trickle down four sides coming from the bottom of the top tower,

I LOVE THAT yes I think a trickle effect would be delightful. 

7 hours ago, Z.Z. said:

Oh that looks awesome, you basically did the things I was going to suggest.

I do think it would be better with falling water though, but rather than a wide path of falling water like your previous iterations, perhaps a trickle down four sides coming from the bottom of the top tower, it would be much easier to animate, and you could use a trickle sound as opposed to a splooshing sound like the in game waterfalls, and you wouldnt have to add impact mist when it hits the pool.

Great ideas. I wasn't too convinced with the bubbles either. Here's a new version with the trickle down effect. I added little funnels (?) in the corners so that it looks like water is overflowing from the second water bed. They're probably hard to see.

ftn_ani.gif

You'll notice some weird flares happening between loops. Trying to fix those and then I think I can work on polishing up the lighting. Configuration after.

• Like 1
  • Love 6

Since the last update I:

- Adjusted the camera angle to fit with the game grid a little better
- Animated the water beds
- Did some light post-processing
- Updated the lighting to avoid the harsh shadows

Not sure what else to do. I think maybe I overdid it on the sharpening. Anything seem off about it or does it look fine for release? lol I might start configuring it soon.

atl-ftn-ani2.gif

That's not really in-game in that screenshot, but I think it would look close or exactly like that.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

:cheer1:FA:cheer1:BU:cheer1:LOUS:cheer1::jump1::jump1: I love that! That looks simply amazing!

Not sure why you were not convinced about the bubbles Like this one obviously for on land it is just Purrrrfect! but would you have that spire rock in a tankable object the bubbles (they were ever so gently) would have knocked the fish of their finns

I was just thinking the bubbles from the tressure chest who are less regular could also be inspiring and then I was thinking no the spite with those gentle bubbles and that an atlantean treasure chest :rolllaugh::rolllaugh: I have a hopeless one track ZooTycoon orientated mind lol :elkgrin:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

YoungerPrinceLothric

I love it, and second the idea to make it tankable.

• Like 2

Z.Z.
17 hours ago, Goosifer said:

Here's a new version with the trickle down effect.

Beautiful! :D

6 hours ago, Goosifer said:

Animated the water beds

Oh thats absolutely stunning! :celebrate:

29 minutes ago, YoungerPrinceLothric said:

and second the idea to make it tankable.

It would be odd to put a waterfall in a tank, especially one that size, at 4x4 tiles its huge.

It could be a surface item, but that would look very strange because it would seem too heavy to float on the water.

However an Oxygenator could be made with the top two tiers and have bubbles going up which would be placed inside a tank and look very cool with the Atleantean Tank Wall.

:D

• Like 1
  • Love 1