Goosifer's [Normal] Projects

Goosifer

1 hour ago, Z.Z. said:

However an Oxygenator could be made with the top two tiers and have bubbles going up which would be placed inside a tank and look very cool with the Atleantean Tank Wall.

Or just the top tier. Or both.

• Like 1

Savannahjan

Great work on this, Goosifer!   The water animation is really good.  You know, you may have set yourself up for requests to animate other water items; it's just 'too' good.  :tongue:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Vondell said:

Just popping by the thread to say this looks awesome!

Thank you for sharing your Blender process! I can't imagine how much more time I'd be spending on these projects starting from zero.

Here is the final version. Ignore the weird stuttering--the gif loop stops at an awkward frame. This is running in-game this time.:

atl-ftn-final.gif

I just noticed that bird and it's honestly taking everything in me not to go back and record it all over again lol.

The final version isn't a one-to-one of the proof-of-concept gif I posted last night. Since then I've had to cut back on colors and decrease the number of frames to make Zoot happy, so the water sadly looks less compelling. I could probably keep hacking away at it and improve it some more but I've been having some health issues the past few days (I can't completely close my jaw right now and it's freaking me out 😬...tmi sorry).

I removed the waterfall reflections to mimic the simplicity of the original game's fountains and it helped me cut back on colors for one extra frame... I added a motion blur effect to the water--the water beds are moving quite fast so I thought giving it a better sense of gravity would make sense. There's a few more things I would change or do better but at this point I think I'm ready to move on as school is starting to pick up this week and well, the whole jaw thing might be important to have looked at...lol.

Rotations and icons are done and configuration is mostly all there. Should be released soon along with the assets!

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Since the fountain is almost out, here's a sneak preview for the next project:

anim-bln-stnd-ccpt.jpg

This is to fulfill @holly's request from their wishlist. I said I'd try to get it done before summer's end.:

edit: this post has seen many edits, each one a bad joke at the expense of my building design and where a hypothetical door might exist.

🤪 you don't get to see how bad they were.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

My mother twists balloon animals and it does make the kids very happy. That stand idea looks great! Keep up the good work and have fun with it! (I also hope your jaw gets better and you do well with/in school.)

• Thanks 1

Z.Z.
10 hours ago, Goosifer said:

the whole jaw thing might be important to have looked at

Get to a doctor now.

Keep us apprised please.

:hug2:

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Thank you for the well-wishes everyone. Jaw locked back into place as I was waiting in the ER which honestly is the worst timing. Doc didn't know how to help me. Still some issues with the jaw but for now it's looking like I'll be a-okay. :elkgrin:

The Atlantean Fountain is finally out and about. Here are a few different versions you can download:

• Download at ZooTek: (Download here)
  • Download the alternative version at ZooBerry: (Download here - click the 'alternative' button)
  • Download the Atlantean Fountain Asset Pack at ZooBerry: https://www.zooberry.org/mods/assets/atl-ftn-assets/
    • Feel free to use the asset pack in your own mods and creations
    • Included is:
      • The 3D model in .blend format. To save space, I removed the waterfall sprites and splashes, otherwise the file went up to 60 mb. If you're interested in that version, let me know and I can send you a private download link by dm.
      • All sprites and frames ready for animation and prepped for Zoot.
      • The PSD file where I post-processed the sprites.

Standard version = mostly standard traits typical in other vanilla objects. Play to win. 
Alternative = big bonuses toward zoo rating, guest happiness, etc. Play for fun. 

All of the fountain configuration traits are thanks to Jay and Fern for showing me how to add those!

• Thanks 1

Z.Z.

Im glad your jaw went back into place.

If you can you should see a regular doctor, explain what happened, and make sure you didnt/dont have lockjaw.

Below is what the web says when running a search for "What causes someones jaw to be unable to close all the way"

"A tight jaw can happen for many reasons, such as stress, temporomandibular joint disorders, grinding the teeth at night, and tetanus, also known as lockjaw."

So it would be good to know what it was before it happens again, and make sure it isnt tetanus.

Sorry about sounding like a Mom, but sometimes things can be serious. :hug2:

• Like 2
  • Love 1