• Most Online

Sladhued
    Newest Member
    Sladhued

• LapisLazuli77
    • DragonEmperor500

Lierins stuff

Guest lierin

So sorry for your loss Lierin :hug2: It's never easy when our beloved furkids pass on.

I hope each day that passes finds you feeling better, as you have to know that Dopey

would never want you to feel so sad.

You're new items and recolors look amazing, great job! So glad you had a free moment

to come share everything with us. Hope your move goes smoothly for you all and you

can get back to Tek soon. Take care :post-59-1251675558:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pukkie

• genkicoll

• Fern

• coolperson5

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First of all Lierin I want you to know that my heart goes out to you You must have had so much sorrow :hug:

Second I want to tell you that I am so happy that you are back

I love all the things on your screens Absolutely wonderfull And the colour blue is just perfect

I think I better postpone my wonderwaterworld make over hoping these items will be released soon

I wish you all the luck with the move and after that we will glad to have you with us again

genkicoll

Lierin, I'm so happy to see you posting! Everything looks lovely :wub: Despite your long absence, you are still an official Zoo Tek designer, and I have given blanket permission for any Tek designer to use my graphics for anything they like, so no problems there :wink:

You'll need to get permission from Toodlepops to use her observation areas, but it probably won't be a problem. Just shoot her a PM, she's a member here ^__^ Do please ask, for they look fabulous in your screenshot!

Last time I looked, there were no changes at your place. Any updates posted lately?

ZooGrammy

Love everything you have created and what a wonderful memorial to your precious pet! Hope to see everything here!

Guest lierin

Thank you Gem_del _mar, for the kind words and the compliments. Dopey ~ was 'supposed' to be named Beethoven. He was my little black deaf cat. Wasn't born deaf, but he was very sickly and when he was 4 months old he became very ill. He was pretty much comatose for 3 straight days and I didn't think he'd make it. When he started getting better, he was having a terrible time getting up, walking, etc. and we realized that he had lost his hearing. It took him about a year to adjust, but most people didn't know he was deaf. He jumped (his favorite place outside of my lap was the highest perch in the house) and he knew that when people looked at him and moved their mouths they were talking to him and responded to that. Initially though, he would 'list' when he walked ~ and the further he walked, the more he tilted to one side. At first he tended to fall over a lot. I started calling him Beethoven, but my youngest son said he walked like a drunken sailor and called him Dopey. Lol, guess which one stuck. Because of how hard I worked to keep him alive while he was ill he was my special boy. He had a purr that you could hear rumble from across the room, and when he was very happy that purr cranked up and there were skunk chirps added in (if you've ever heard a skunk purr you'd have recognized it). We always considered that he was not ever completely healthy, but after 12 years I guess I thought he would have a few more years. I miss him terribly.

Thank you Pukkie, again, for the kind words and the compliments. I LOVE Genki's Atlantia set, but I also have always loved the deep blue from the MM and felt that Blue Fang could have made more items that matched. Several very kind and accomplished designers taught me how to make use of my graphics knowledge so I finally added some more of that blue. To be honest, I'd been thinking about it ever since I saw the screens from your wpnderwaterworld (which are beautiful!) and I'm glad I did these items.

Genki, I'm glad to BE posting. For that matter, I'm glad that I finally had time to start playing ZT again. The past (almost) two years have felt like they would never end sometimes, and I was always just too exhausted and stressed to do much of anything at the end of each day. My hubby had 4 surgeries (three back and one ankle after he broke it), my mom had a back surgery, and there was other stuff. Now we've bought our land and taken a few weeks to create what the hubby calls my little Noah's ark lol and are ready to start building. We'll be living in a 7 x 14 camper ~ that will be explained on the blog, and the tiny house will be built along with my parent's home.

I'm so glad that you like what I did with your items ~ I have built several zoos using nothing but your set, but I really wanted a 'blue' one. The color certainly matches my mood, but I thought that maybe others would also like the jewel tone as well.

I wasn't aware that Toodlepops had done a set of the canopies ~ I just pulled them from screenshots of RCT and colored them ~ but I'll ask her anyway. I did a quick check and WOW I missed a lot of downloads! I have some that match Jane's Tegel set as well. I have a few that I haven't finished yet using the glass walls .... has anyone done anything with those?? The one in the middle is just the wooden one from ZT colored to match the rest.

I have about 8 blogs that I'm behind on. Hubby broke his leg halfway through building the tiny house (three breaks, all spirals, got both leg bones ~ sigh), needed surgery, and now has a small hardware supply in his leg as well as his back. It was a long 6 weeks. But, sometime in the next two days I should be getting the blog updated and will show everyone my even teenier camper, outdoor kitchen, the loveable loo lol, and my bunnies. I got bunnies ~ two New Zealand does and a buck and built them a Taj Mahal sort of hutch. I'm going to give them some runs as soon as I get time, but for now they can at least hop. The woman I bought them from had them in these teeny little holes where they could barely turn around. I've seen a lot of people do that, but I tend to think a little differently. Even on a farm with 'freezer camp' looming somewhere on the horizon I think animals deserve to be well housed and ... well, pampered a bit. These three will be my mommas and daddies, and I want them happy. They were so used to the tiny cages that they actually scared themselves a bit when they first started exploring their new digs lol ~ I am pretty sure they hadn't hopped at all since they were babies. Now they are nosy, interested in what else we're building, and playing happily with their toys (yes, I gave them toys *G*). Anyhoo, I'll be updating the blog tonight and tomorrow.

And, thank you as well ZooGrammy. I'll try and get everything zipped up and submitted sometime today :-) I'm glad that people like this batch, even if I didn't create most of it.

genkicoll

Even if it's "just" recolors, you still have a lot of work to do getting everything just right, putting them into ztds, cleaning them up and rotating, not to mention testing to be sure that you haven't missed anything :tongue:

I have to say that the walls look especially good in Atlantis blue :elkgrin:

Guest lierin

I really needed that 'work' but I am glad you like them, especially since you did all the original work :-)

I'm thinking that I really do want these tested though. The game ran fine (I've done two zoos with these) for the first four years, but on the large one I'm getting a crash. I used pretty much all the same things, and in all honesty I've NEVER done such a detailed and decorated zoo. Even my Halloween one didn't come close. I'm not over the limit on UCAs, but I have a LOT that is combined. I need to be sure that I don't have a duplicated APE number or if I've just found a way to actually overheat my video card lol. I'm pretty sure it's the video, but it should be checked. I know the files/rotations are right otherwise (I finally figured out half and quarter tile rotations woohoo!), but want to be sure it's my equipment and not a conflict. I'll send along a list of what else I used ... but since it ran that long with everything in, it most likely is my puter. If the actual zoo would help let me know and I'll zip that up as well.

genkicoll

Just plunk everything in a thread in Area 51 and I'll give 'em a test :D Be sure to add a release screen and the description, too.

Lierin let me have them I am very happy to test them and I know just in what zoo to do that :th_hapydancsmil:

oh boy oh boy and if you have then someone get me my calm down treatment :fryingpan: so I can sit back and wait for it?