Newest Member
    hshelby99

• Hawkkeye666
    • (Designer)HENDRIX

Lierins stuff

Guest lierin

Guest lierin
:clap: :cheerlie: All these look just awesome!!!! :cheerlie: :yahoo:

I am only wandering about the huge whale statues about the base? (hope the word is correct here)

wich I found a bit small for these large creatures Now at the dino's there is one who has a larger base is that an option for these whales as well?

I took note of the comments about the whales, and after working with it a bit, I came up with something a bit different. I liked it, so I redid the entire marine pack. The final set can be viewed here

http://s194.photobucket.com/albums/z249/Bl...rinestatues.jpg

These are ready to submit for testing, but I don't have a clue who to ask! I'll gladly release this pack here, as well as the arches when they are ready if someone will let me know what to do :escapejar:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pukkie

• genkicoll

• Fern

• coolperson5

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They are absolutely fabulous Lierin! :elkgrin:

:cheerlie: F :cheerlie: A :cheerlie: N :cheerlie: T :cheerlie: A :cheerlie: S :cheerlie: T :cheerlie: I :cheerlie: C :cheerlie:

genkicoll

Oh, wow! How did I miss this thread? They're all great, but your statue-arch combos especially are just fantastic! :clap:

I can't configure buildings, but I can help with rotations if you need it :wink:

Guest lierin

Hi Genki, and thank you! I have the marine statues done and I would like to submit them for testing. I used ZOOT for the rotations, and I test each one before I make the next (I don't know how else to keep them in order or all together), and I put them into a game as well.

I've got them zipped up and I seem to remember reading to just upload them into this thread, but I can't find that post and I wanted to be sure before I did that :smile:

I need to do some more work on the arches/statues, and I would like to add some water features to those statues if I can figure it out. I haven't attempted to do any animations for the game, so I don't know quite what is involved. I'm very familiar with just doing animations for signatures and blinkies, but I've already learned that getting things ready for APE radically changes all that I thought I knew about transparent anything lol.

These are really absolutely fantastic. :) I especially love the way that you continually improve the work that you do, so those revised statue bases are fabulous. Well done and thanks.

The one thing that I have learned to do that might be some use to you is that I can rotate animated objects that are so large that they cause an overflow error in zoot when you try and save after rotation (the old fashioned way that is...)

I'm hoping to learn how to configure buildings at some point as the few people who can do it are absolutely over-run with stuff to do. I have designed some buildings but they are not released mainly because they are not configured. Maybe some of us newer designers could have a go at learning together - exchange experiences as we go along?

Guest lierin

Thanks Dr. Rick, I'm just beginning to learn most of this, and I'm glad that so many people are enjoying what I've managed so far. I'm more than willing to listen to suggestions from the people that will be using what I create, and definitely interested in any help that others will share so I can learn more.

I have some buildings that I've been working on too. I definitely plan to try to learn to configure them, and I wouldn't mind being able to share some of the overload when I'm able.

Looking at the pictures of your arches shows me these will not work well. When you make something walkable the entire thing becomes walkable. So they will walk through the raised statue areas there is on either side of the arch. They will also walk through the base of you arch. Your best bet for these to work is actually make them in three parts with only the arch itself being walkable.

To make something walkable use

walkable = 1

For arches set the height to

cHeight = 3

Savannahjan

You can also put some bushes or flowers around the outside of the base, which will keep them from morphing through the base. As Jane said, if the path goes right under them, the guest will stay on the path if it isn't obstructed.

Fern, how do you make them in three parts? Do you then put the parts together into one .ztd? I have not heard of this method. Maybe it is not as difficult than it sounds.

genkicoll

IMO, the arches are fine as-is. Even BF made arches with full-tile bases :wink:

I would set the cHeight to 2 on those arches since it looks like they are only 2 tiles tall (the bases, that is). One thing to remember when setting the height is that if you want animals to be viewed from under them (such as an observation area), you'll want the cHeight set to 1. On the matching statues, since they're so tall, I'd set them to a cHeight of 3.

I know fern will correct me if I'm wrong :P