hshelby99

• CelestialEvolution
    • MaastrichianFan
    • PollyPocketFan79
    • HeatherL

Lierins stuff

Guest lierin

Professor Paul

Not being in the least bit technically minded (which I regard as an asset,I can admire the Pyramids without losing sleep over how they were constructed!) I think they look wonderful.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pukkie

• genkicoll

• Fern

• coolperson5

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

genkicoll

You're right, CP:

These are actually three pieces each, the arch and two large statues.

but the arch itself is one piece :wink:

Not being in the least bit technically minded (which I regard as an asset,I can admire the Pyramids without losing sleep over how they were constructed!) I think they look wonderful.

Ah Then I am in good company :elkgrin:

I am not saying I do not like them as I think they look good but I am giving info that may help.

And Ooopps I missed the part about them already being in three parts. Sorry. It was late and I was tired.

All of the columns - secret garden type are actually three files combined so you can assemble them into arches or whatever.

Arches usually are set at height of 3, just look at the ingame ones to check. Since they are walkable different rules apply. Arches and observation areas are the two things the usual height rules do not apply with.

Had they been in one piece here is the reasoning for anyone who might be making things and also for those that test things. If you don't have a path under them it is true guests might not walk through the bits you don't want them too. However zookeepers might as they tend to take the straightest way to the next exhibit. Also I would put a path on either side and just see if guests want to cross over.

Also just because one person might not put a path under others might depending on their usage of it. IE as a feature area in a stands area.

Guest lierin
Looking at the pictures of your arches shows me these will not work well. When you make something walkable the entire thing becomes walkable. So they will walk through the raised statue areas there is on either side of the arch. They will also walk through the base of you arch. Your best bet for these to work is actually make them in three parts with only the arch itself being walkable.

To make something walkable use

walkable = 1

For arches set the height to

cHeight = 3

Fern and Jane, these sets are already in three pieces. The arch is seperate and each of the statues is seperate and only the arch is walkable. They take up a lot of space in a small zoo, and I figured this gives everyone the option to use just the arch, or to add the statues when they want to :smile:

You can also position the arch so that you can place foliage or fountains, etc. in the front or the rear. I was hoping to send in 6 of them last night for testing, but someone was kind enough to remove a pole up the street (no one was hurt, they just backed a truck into it) and blew the transformer and quite effectively shut off our power and our internet :4rrvt2: Hopefully I will get to it tonight ~ if not it will be first thing tomorrow.

genkicoll

:P Well, it will probably be tomorrow, then, since I'm about to head off to bed :wink: Happy, happy to hear that they're about ready, though! :cheerlie:

Guest lierin
:P Well, it will probably be tomorrow, then, since I'm about to head off to bed :wink: Happy, happy to hear that they're about ready, though! :cheerlie:

I'm actually hoping to get to bed early tonight myself since it's the hubby's short night. They do appear to be ready, I've got them in game now and am just making sure that everything still 'looks' and works right.

I do have two quick questions. One, could an object actually be as large as these would be if it were all one piece (the statues are each 4 x 8, and the arch is 2 x 3? I didn't think anything that large could be handled in A.P.E.

The other question is in the game, one of the Jurassic statues appears with the Apatosaurus tail 'disappearing' if ~ and only if ~ it extends over terrain that is lower than the statue base itself. The rotations appear to be correct and I didn't see this when I checked those. I noticed it in game because I tend to use sunken exhibits. That tail extends way past the actual statue base and I was wondering if that is the reason it disappears on the one view (I'd have to check which one lol).

I'm gonna try changing the size in ZOOT and see if that corrects it ... although I really don't want to have to do it that way. The guests look rather awesome wandering around under that tail :connie_redx:

You could try using the animation loading in APE for large things or otherwise use ZOOT

For the statue you will need to change the footprint to include the tail length. And anytime you change a footprint you need to rerotate the object as it messes the rotation up.

Guest lierin
You could try using the animation loading in APE for large things or otherwise use ZOOT

For the statue you will need to change the footprint to include the tail length. And anytime you change a footprint you need to rerotate the object as it messes the rotation up.

Argh, that makes me want to use a different pose of the Apatosaurus lol! I have found that if all of the object is at the same height as the top of the statue base itself that that doesn't happen (figured that out with the whale statues), so maybe if I just make a small hill on the statue base and stick the apatosaurus on top of it I can keep the same footprint. I'll try it, and thanks for the tips.

Since you seem to be the one to ask, my arches are between 2 and 3 on height. Is there any set number to use, such as using the higher one always when there is an in between number like that?