• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KTesch

• Fern

• ZooGrammy

• genkicoll

What does the Circus Scott Circus Tent in the Downloads section do? It's from DJ Puffs site, um, I forget the name of the site, but it appears to be a working Item.

Kim

Circus Scott is an attraction. Guests will go there for "fun". This building will increase energy, decrease hunger and thirst and take care of the need for a bathroom.

The Galapagos Tortoise and the Ingame Giant Tortoise, the in game Giant Tortoise is a DD Ice Age Animal, but what about the Giant Tortoise in the Downloads section? Ist that different to the one in game are they both sometimes just called the Giant Tortoise?

Kim

genkicoll

That one I don't know about since it was not made by one of the Phoenix crew. I'll wait for someone who knows to answer your question :P

The Igloo Shelter. I just downloaded it tonight, but do the Reindeeer, Magnet the Polar Bear, and the other Polar Bear really use it? I looks like in the ingame screenshot, as well as the Downloads Screenshot, that it'd only work for the Peguin. Anybody tried it?

Kim

There's a Galapogos Tortoise based on the animation of the in-game reptile house. Look at the back side of the house. It's different then the Ice Age tortoise (which really shouldn't be in the snow terrain).

The igloo shelter will work - entrance size appearance has nothing to do with what animals can enter. The Elephants can enter the concrete shelter!

I know there is a limit to adding UCI's to the ZT and ZT2 games, and last night when I added some new objects, my game started acting up during the opening movies and the music didn't sound right either. Does this mean it's trying to tell me that I should stop, even though there are still some animals and buildings I want to add, especially if someone ends up making an Australian Pack ? Can I make a new Folder inside the Updates section of Zoo Tycoon or should I give up while I'm ahead?

P.S. I'm also looking for a Wombat. Does anybody know where I can find one?

Kim

Savannahjan

When I had a super duper Dell (for my job) I could usually run about 350 UCIs with no problem. For this little laptop, I've found about 300 is tops, and for my e-machines desktop (before it burned to a crisp) 250 was absolutely the limit. The loading bar would crawl, and the music wouldn't start until the game was almost up. Then I would not have some of the maps and senarios, it was just too much.

I believe that the game cannot see the files if they are in folders within the dlupdates folder, that has been my experience. When I judge a club contest, I put each club's downloads for their zoo in a folder with their name on it inside my dlupdates folder. As I am about to judge each zoo, I take the UCIs out of the their folder and move them into the dlupdates, and those are all I can see when I open that group's zoo.

Ghirin has also created a coniferous land turtle (The Western Pond Turtle), I guess it was fashioned from the DD ice age turtle. She also has a pigi-nosed turtle available here. The Galapagos turtle has been around a long, long time, even before MM, and it's animations are limited, as IceP said. And at one time, it's baby was something else, some other animal all together, but I can't remember what it was. I used it years and years ago in a zoo and my son, who was about 8 or so at the time got such a good laugh at the baby, he used it in all his zoos for a while just to see it. I think it has been fixed now, though.

<Can I make a new Folder inside the Updates section of Zoo Tycoon or should I give up while I'm ahead?>

Check the organizing your downloads thread. You can always copy and delete them as needed.

You can combine several ztds into larger ones. The game will accept those. There should be a tutorial around somewhere. I use APE.

<I'm also looking for a Wombat. Does anybody know where I can find one?>

There is a Wombat. Also an Echidna, Platypus and others. I'll email them to you. The problem with small animals is they really are too small for this game. Basically all you get to see is a small blob. And some just sit there. That's where animal houses come into play, and you get to pretend they are there.